Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Android Discussion

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have one and my wife has one left. Xiphos gets dibs on one of those, I was holding onto one for
    Five-0's wife unit.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    I have one and my wife has one left. Xiphos gets dibs on one of those, I was holding onto one for
    Five-0's wife unit.

That invitation code you sent is close Mac. I put myself on the waiting list though.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Closed?

That doesn't sound right. Maybe I sent it wrong. I'll go look.

It shows you have not accepted it yet.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It shows you have not accepted it yet.

Possible I suppose. The messaging is one of the things I'm having to get used to. The star chart app you mentioned is outstanding though. Saturn is to the left of the moon tonight guys.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    I love my Droid. I'll post up a list of apps I'm using later when I have some downtime at work.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    As a cell phone idiot, I demand a complete translation of this entire thread!!!!

If I don't get one, I will set my cell phone on stun and repeat dial your ass till friday.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    As a cell phone idiot, I demand a complete translation of this entire thread!!!!

If I don't get one, I will set my cell phone on stun and repeat dial your ass till friday.

Car 4

Don't worry Car4. I'm learning and learning fast. This thing is addicting.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I just downloaded the PayPal app. Add it to my favorites!
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Possible I suppose. The messaging is one of the things I'm having to get used to. The star chart app you mentioned is outstanding though. Saturn is to the left of the moon tonight guys.

According to google, you need to go to a computer and go to http://voice.google.com where you should be able to complete the rest of the setup process.

Use your new gmail credentials to login.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    According to google, you need to go to a computer and go to http://voice.google.com where you should be able to complete the rest of the setup process.

Use your new gmail credentials to login.

Google Voice is currently invitation only. Please leave us your email address and we'll send you an invite as they become available

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Google Voice is currently invitation only. Please leave us your email address and we'll send you an invite as they become available
    You should have gotten an email from Google that says something like "You've been invited to Google Voice." There's a link you have to click on and sign into Voice using your Gmail credentials. Then pick a phone number.

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If you read the email on your Droid, look here for it:

http://mail.google.com
    I'm your huckleberry...

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If you read the email on your Droid, look here for it:

http://mail.google.com

Something is up. My email is empty. Good news is I just imported all my contact from my yahoo.com account.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Something is up. My email is empty. Good news is I just imported all my contact from my yahoo.com account.
    Check your trash online using a computer - if you delete one on the Droid that is where it stays on Google's servers.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good News/Bad News for AT&T Android fans.

The Motorola Backflip is coming locked down and will be missing Google apps. It's preinstalled with Yahoo. You are also locked down to only installing from the Android Market. The Dell Aero is supposedly also going to be similarly locked down. Don't know if it will also be tied into Yahoo.

AT&T apparently fails to understand that the appeal of Android is it's openness.

If you are on AT&T and are crushed that the carrier is trying to force the round Android peg into the iPhone square, here's the good news. The Nexus One is available and it's open. You have to buy it from Google, unlocked and without carrier support (no contract subsidy.) It'll run you $529 but it's open and the carrier can't touch it. You can also root it (quite easily) and load it up with the latest CyanogenMod goodness.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Titanium Backup Info

I switched my Google account that I'm using for my phone. If you want to know how to do that without a factory reset, follow these instructions:

Go to Settings - Applications - Manage Applications

Scroll down to "Google Apps" and open it. Clear the cache/data.

Reboot, and open the Market. It will start your sign in process again.

Anyway when I did that, and switched to my new Google account, I lost all my market data. Market didn't know what apps I had installed. That sucks considering I paid for some of them. All the apps worked on my phone but I wouldn't be able to uninstall/reinstall them.

Titanium Backup has a "Market Doctor" when you upgrade to the paid version. This thing paid for itself this morning. I ran a full backup from the app and then the Market Doctor. It scans all the apps on your phone and then restores the links to them in the Market App. I rebooted my phone and the market saw all of them there.

I haven't upgraded my rom and reinstalled from the backup but I suspect that will work well based on this experience. I'll update when I try that.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Those looking forward to the amazing EVO 4G on Sprint, rumor has it that the device is going to begin preselling at Best Buy in May. Evo 4G straight from Sprint's playbook; Best Buy reportedly preselling in May | Android Central

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I am awaiting a Mildot Master app.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I am awaiting a Mildot Master app.
    Ballistics Calculator

There's another called Shooter Lite.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I had the truly entertaining chance to get in between a conversation at my son's cubscout pack meeting tonight.

A Dev at Microsoft over in Redmond who had the new and supersecret unreleased Windows 7 phone, and a Dev at Motorola who told me their next new phone will eat the Droid as a light snack.

The Windows phone was flashy and had a lot in common with the looks of the Droid, but was all beta. Half of the stuff worked, but it was neat to see it before the public.

We all quickly left the iPhone advocate behind.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information