Welcome to the APBWeb.
    IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO

Must Have iPhone Apps...

I just got assimilated and have an iPhone now. What are the apps that I just gotta have for it? What great police apps are out there that could be useful on duty?

I've downloaded a bunch of apps so far, but I wondered if there were some that I don't have that any of you with iPhones think are great.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The trade that phone it for a Droid app is a great one.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    There is a great one called "YellowPages". Just type in a business name or business type and it'll locate it. It'll also map it and give you directions from your current location. There is a Miranda Warning app that has it in english and spanish.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Drugs.mobi

It isn't so much of an app, as a mobile site for pill ID. I love it.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    The trade that phone it for a Droid app is a great one.
    My last "new" phone was an HTC Hero running android. It was nice, but I found that many apps would make my phone not work anymore once I next rebooted, like the facebook app. Then when I figured out what apps were causing the problem and deleted them, the problem was gone. So after I downloaded an app I would reboot to see if it was a bad app, and a few more i had to delete when it would do the same thing. Now that I have had both android and iphone, Each one has things that are better and things that are worse. Making ringtones from mp3's was a lot easier on Android. Hopefully the competition will force both to step up their games.

My Hero phone went swimming only 5 months into my 2 year contract. So to get a replacement Hero, I would have had to pay almost $500 for a new one or try to gamble by buying one from the Bay. They said I can get a renewal price on a phone until I've made it through a year of my contract. To get the iPhone ended up costing slightly less, even after the charges to terminate my Sprint contract early.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    There is a great one called "YellowPages". Just type in a business name or business type and it'll locate it. It'll also map it and give you directions from your current location. There is a Miranda Warning app that has it in english and spanish.
    I downloaded the Miranda app. It is cool, except that it does not have the full Miranda (in Spanish) that we read here.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hmm, lemme see about work related apps...

I have:

A toplink to our criminal justice info database (not an app, its a bookmark, just on homescreen)

PNB (Police Notebook) not too bad, I like the GPS coordinate acquisition

DUI Card (app for implied consent warnings and SFST instructions, should have spanish too, but no such luck)

FBI Most Wanted

My state's traffic code

My state's criminal code

Title 18 USC

iTranslate (excellent translator)

iSnitch (great for recording suspect interviews)

Trapster (yes! we're in there!)

yellowpages

white pages

area code info

Dictionary!

FreeThesaurus

and FingerZilla (when frustrations get the best of me)

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I've also downloaded all our criminal codes and 18 USC and 25 USC since we use those alot here. Plus I have some games. Zombieville and Battlebears is fun
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    iGun
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlzoL-wQwio]YouTube - i-Gun Traffic Rampage (original)[/ame]
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This one is for iphone, droid, and blackberry. I just downloaded and have been playing with loopt. Pretty sweet app so far. Its navigation, mapping, search, and social networking. You can find all of your friends in real time on a map, post status updates, link to twitter or facebook, and search for businesses, addresses, etc.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    This one is for iphone, droid, and blackberry. I just downloaded and have been playing with loopt. Pretty sweet app so far. Its navigation, mapping, search, and social networking. You can find all of your friends in real time on a map, post status updates, link to twitter or facebook, and search for businesses, addresses, etc.
    Free or how much?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Free or how much?

Its a freebie.

Thread Information