Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

iphone 4 mad dash........

Well Apple guess more people wish to have the new iphone than ya'll expected...........lol. Major issues arose on the June 15th, pre order day, I was able to pre order mine, but no telling if I will be receiving it or even getting it shipped on June 24th. Guess we will just wait and see.............did anyone else get the honor of trying all day to try and pre order one??...........;-)

http://drippler.com/apple_iphone_3gs...malfunctions’/
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Earphone Guy is offline Authorized Vendor
    Authorized Vendor
    I wasn't able to preorder, but I reserved mine. Got to my local mall about 5:30AM, was in the mall by 6. Apple was handing out Smart water and burritos. Had my breakfast and I was in the store by 7:15 and out by 7:30.

And I must say, it is AHHHHHH-MAZING!

http://www.earphoneguy.com
    http://www.epgtactical.com

Professional accessories for your two-way radio communications is what we specialize in!

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Remember when you are losing your signal and data connection, Apple says you're holding it wrong, it's not their design flaw.

Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I can't believe those dumbasses didn't actually talk to someone who understood radio before they designed the case.

The RF engineers are probably giving the stink eye to the case design department.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I've heard now that if you use an external case it eliminates that problem. Don't know. I'll hold off until it is resolved though
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

phantasm is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    wannabe elitist sheep

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    I thought you US Cops were always complaining you need to work second jobs? But you can still afford the latest gadgets!

It's just a phone, and one that doesn't work too well at that!

I'll stick to my two tin cans and a length of string.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I've had mine for days now and have not had one problem........;-)
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post

I'll stick to my two tin cans and a length of string.

Dang, you mean England has evolved beyond smoke signals (that they borrowed from the American Indians)?

Holy hi-tech, Batman!

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

Earphone Guy is offline Authorized Vendor
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    Remember when you are losing your signal and data connection, Apple says you're holding it wrong, it's not their design flaw.

How and where did you get my picture?!?

Seriously, I have seen complaints on the antenna, however I have it in the bumper case I have had zero issues. The call quality is incredible. It's simply an awesome phone.

http://www.earphoneguy.com
    http://www.epgtactical.com

Professional accessories for your two-way radio communications is what we specialize in!

phantasm is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I dont' have an iphone, but don't complain that I need to work a 2nd job. I live comfortably, and pay my mortgage.

Local is offline Alright meow, hand over your license
    Verified LEO
    I would love an iPhone, but that would require me switching from Sprint. Not to mention, if I switched to AT&T's iPhone data plan, the cost of my plan per month would go up by over $40. No, thank you! If AT&T had a more affordable data plan, I might consider making the switch when my contract expires with Sprint.
    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Local" on Officerresource.com.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunguy View Post
    Dang, you mean England has evolved beyond smoke signals (that they borrowed from the American Indians)?

Holy hi-tech, Batman!
    It could be worse. They could be sounding off across the cliffs like the cavemen used to do.

(So easy a Caveman could do it?)

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunguy View Post

Holy hi-tech, Batman!

Well the British invented the phone.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    A shiftmate of mine is an iPhone fanboy...preordered, and waited for the FedEx guy the day it arrived, actually almost making himself late for work. I messed with it. It feels nice and solid in the hand, and looks pretty cool, but after that no thanks. No bezel around the glass seems like it will be more trouble than it's worth, specifically the back side glass, which apparently isn't the Gorilla Glass used on the face. I'm also no RF genius, but it seems the problem lies in the "buffer" between the two antennae bands, and anything that "completes the circuit" for lack of a better term, and connects the two bands electrically. Any conductive material would do this...INCLUDING A HUMAN HAND COVERED WITH SALTY, GREASY, IP4 FANBOY PALM SWEAT!

In all seriousness, that's a pretty serious, and stupidly easy to avoid, design flaw. I bet all it would have taken was to cover the metal surfaces with a thin layer of a non-conductive enamel of some kind to insulate the actual surfaces of the antennae.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    And boy was he ever pissed when I updated my iPod Touch's software to the same OS his brand new IP4 came with. Wow, you're new phone can multitask?? So can my iPod!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    And boy was he ever pissed when I updated my iPod Touch's software to the same OS his brand new IP4 came with. Wow, you're new phone can multitask?? So can my iPod!
    Wish mine could. Or rather, wish I hadn't updated mine to iOS4. (Version 2, 16 gig) Went from being a philosophically annoying, but user experience hard to find fault in, to a laggy piece of crap gadget that crashes more than Windows 95.

So why don't I just restore it back to iOS 3.1.3? Can't! Steve decreed no go-backs.

I give Apple all the credit they're due for creating the smart phone category that is the current playground for mobile computing devices. But damnit all, someone come out with a 5" tablet that I can install Android, Windows phone 7, whatever on. I'd give Apple's OS a chance there, but they wouldn't let me. So, f'em

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

They need to fire their PR department.

Apple `stunned' to find iPhones show too many bars

NEW YORK (AP) -- Apple Inc. said Friday that it was "stunned" to find that its iPhones have for years been using a "totally wrong" formula to determine how many bars of signal strength they are getting.

Apple said that's the reason behind widespread complaints from users that the latest model, iPhone 4, can show a sudden plunge in signal strength when they hold it in a way that covers a small black strip on one edge of the phone. Users have jokingly called this the "death grip" for the phone.

That drop seems exaggerated because the phone can wrongly display four or five bars of signal strength when it shouldn't, Apple said.

"Their big drop in bars is because their high bars were never real in the first place," the company said in a statement to users.
    Apple `stunned' to find iPhones show too many bars - Yahoo! Finance

This translates to roughly "Our phone actually has shittier reception than we thought, and all those places you thought you had a strong signal, it was actually mid- to low-grade and we were misrepresenting it. But, your grip still has the ability to drop even that mediocre signal strength, so you're still holding it wrong."

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    Well the British invented the phone.
    You fucking *know* I won't let you get away with that
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

I've spent the whole morning trying to get my iPhone 3G to upgrade to the new iOS 4.0 software. The thing keeps getting stuck on backing up the phone. Apparently it's glitch thousands of people are having and Apple is denying it's possible.
    There’s a promise I need you to make
    While I’m gone you take care of the love
    And I’ll deal with the hate.

Don’t worry about me; I’ll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    I’ll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information