Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Free for Android phones. It's in a limited Beta now so get it fast.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnQts9NUnL4]YouTube - How to Swype![/ame]
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Xiphos, I can't keep everyone's phones straight in my head. Do you have the Incredible? I want, I want, I WANT!!! First phone in a long while I'm going to pay full price for, but it seems to be worth it. The more I mess with Android, the more I'm a fan.

Side not, anyone tried Layar Reality Browser yet? It is 100% grade A BADASS.

Layar Reality Browser adds 3D to its Platform – Augmented Reality Browser: Layar
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    Xiphos, I can't keep everyone's phones straight in my head. Do you have the Incredible? I want, I want, I WANT!!! First phone in a long while I'm going to pay full price for, but it seems to be worth it. The more I mess with Android, the more I'm a fan.

Side not, anyone tried Layar Reality Browser yet? It is 100% grade A BADASS.

Layar Reality Browser adds 3D to its Platform – Augmented Reality Browser: Layar
    If you can wait a bit, see what's coming out when they announce it next week. The specs on the Droid X and Droid 2 are phenomenal.

Next Generation of Droid to Be Unveiled June 23 | Android Phone Fans

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Specs on the Droid X are 4.3 inch screen and screaming processor. The Droid 2 has a much nicer keyboard than the Droid. Also rumored 1 Ghz processor.

We'll know a lot more after next week.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Oh yeah! 1 Ghz too!

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/droid/x/
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/e...oid-x-preview/

In short, it's pretty awesome. Call it a superphone or a mega-smartphone, but the 4.3-inch handset is absolutely Verizon / Motorola's answer to the HTC EVO 4G, and makes the Droid Incredible look like a bench warmer.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Google Voice has opened up and you no longer need an invitation. Go grab yourself a GV Phone Number and realize the awesomeness of managing your phone, voicemail, and SMS online and on your phone. https://www.google.com/voice

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    New free app!

TiKL Push to Talk. I got another friend to download it. It's like using Nextel. Kind of buggy sometimes but not so bad. Uses data only, no voice. Great for short back and forth convos with other Android users!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Go to the email icon and click it.

Click add new account after hitting the menu key below the screen.

Enter the email address of the account you are syncing followed by your password.
    You can then choose if this is your default account for sending email

Go to your IT guys and find out what your domain name for the email server is, then forward slash your user name.

Enter your password in the next feild.

Then also get your Server info from IT for the next field.

Click "Use secure connection (SSL)"

I have had zero problems out of this. I can actually check email faster from my Droid than at a terminal at the office. I have mine set to check for email every 5 min. It also has its own notification tone so I know which email account I just got an email in. If that doesn't get you up and running I'll give you a call and see if we can't do it over the phone.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

I'll be grooving Froyo in a week or two I suspect. They are already working on it according to Twitter.

CyanogenMod Targeting Eight Devices for Android 2.2 | Android Phone Fans

CyanogenMod 6 will be built up from the Android 2.2 source code and initial plans are to target eight devices according to founder Steve Kondik. Their sites seem firmly set on mostly HTC handsets for the time being, though the Motorola Droid makes the list as well. The full group:

* Nexus One
    * HTC Desire
    * HTC G1 (Dream)
    * HTC myTouch 3G (Magic)
    * HTC myTouch 3G Slide
    * HTC EVO 4G
    * HTC Hero (CDMA version)
    * Motorola Droid

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Oh man, the future of Android is off the hook.

This particular rumored device is rumored to being coming to T-Mo. Regardless about this specific device, these are the kinds of specs we'll be seeing over the next year.

The device in question would have a 4.3-inch touchscreen, an 800MHz dual-core processor, Android 3.0, an 8-megapixel camera, and more. The device would be called the HTC Vision and it’s believed that this will almost certainly be what everyone’s referring to as “Project Emerald”.
    http://phandroid.com/2010/06/25/dual...-mo-this-year/

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Go to the email icon and click it.

Click add new account after hitting the menu key below the screen.

Enter the email address of the account you are syncing followed by your password.
    You can then choose if this is your default account for sending email

Go to your IT guys and find out what your domain name for the email server is, then forward slash your user name.

Enter your password in the next feild.

Then also get your Server info from IT for the next field.

Click "Use secure connection (SSL)"

I have had zero problems out of this. I can actually check email faster from my Droid than at a terminal at the office. I have mine set to check for email every 5 min. It also has its own notification tone so I know which email account I just got an email in. If that doesn't get you up and running I'll give you a call and see if we can't do it over the phone.

Unfortunately our IT is a bunch of pricks and unless it's a city phone, they won't help you set it up. With BB it was easy enough. With the Droid, I had to hunt for the right settings. I got it working now. Turns out I had the wrong domain name due to a typo. Just took a minute or two of rechecking my work to figure it out. Thanks for the help all!

Here's a good link Xiphos sent.
    Android Support - Microsoft® Exchange Corporate Email - Motorola USA

And here's one that will explain how to get all of your exchange settings (server, domain, etc) if your IT is a bunch of non-helpful idiots like mine.
    DocID: 13629 - What are my Exchange Server settings?

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    HTC running low on AMOLED stock, will add SLCD to the mix for some models -- Engadget

AMOLED displays in phones haven't necessarily lived up to their promise; they'd been billed as the be-all, end-all answer for clarity, vibrance, and low power consumption, but in reality, the latest and greatest LCDs look just as good, offer similar viewing angles, have little to no impact on battery life, and fare far better in direct sunlight. We've been able to confirm this evening that HTC will be adding an additional supplier of displays later this year -- Sony -- which will be delivering its Super TFT LCD tech as a mobile exclusive (initially, at least) to key HTC handsets, some of which are already in the marketplace.

Specifically, Samsung's had a devil of a time keeping up with deliveries of its 3.7-inch WVGA AMOLED display, which means that the Desire, Droid Incredible, and Nexus One could all theoretically be impacted -- but because this is a problem of the demand for displays outstripping supply (or at least the supply that Samsung is letting HTC buy), at least some of the affected phones will likely be offered both in AMOLED and SLCD varieties. How those products will be differentiated in the market is unclear, but it may not matter much -- we're told that the displays are virtually indistinguishable. We're working to get our hands on an SLCD phone just as soon as we can, and when we do, we'll put our eyeballs on the case.

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Android And Me RSS Widget Android Network Awards
    HTC switching to Sony Super TFT LCDs from Samsung AMOLEDs

Don’t expect to find an AMOLED display on your next smartphone, unless you plan on buying a Samsung device. A new report from The Korea Herald states that HTC will be forced to remove the AMOLED displays found in several of their popular Android phones including the Nexus One, Desire, and Incredible.
    Samsung Mobile Display controls 98 percent of the global AMOLED display market and they are keeping the displays in house to go towards their Samsung Galaxy S line of phones. Analysts expect that Samsung will sell 10 to 15 million units of the Galaxy S, which could move them ahead of HTC in global smartphone market share.

HTC switching to Sony Super TFT LCDs from Samsung AMOLEDs – Android and Me
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    CyanogenMod to Target Droid Incredible, Too | Android Phone Fans
    The device was finally rooted recently – albeit with a very risky method – but it’s now just as free as any other phone that’s been rooted. The news comes to us as one of our tipsters spotted a recent commit to the project’s github source tree that shows a makefile named “cyanogen_inc.mk” (alongside the other supported devices) which – sure enough – contains build configuration information for the HTC Droid Incredible.
    This is what I've been running on my phone. You guys with the Incredible can now join in the fun!

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Droid Incredible Pre-Orderers encourage to switch to Droid X. (DO IT RECA!!!!)
    For those of you still waiting for your original HTC Droid Incredible to ship (you know, the phone that’s not expected to be readily available until late July), AndroidGuys has it on good authority via their Verizon source that the carrier will be allowing Droid Incredible pre-orderers to switch their orders over to the Motorola Droid X.

We’ve not heard anything regarding how soon this could start happening, but it should be great for those who’ve been waiting for the Droid Incredible and couldn’t pre-order the phone within the first round. The fact that the Droid X is launching July 15th – nearly two weeks before the Droid Incredible is expected to begin shipping again – should please a lot of you who have been captivated by what Motorola’s offering in the latest and greatest that’s been cooked up for the DROID line.
    Droid X User Guide Gets Leaked; Droid Incredible Pre-Orderers Encouraged to Switch? | Android Phone Fans

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information