Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Applications for Android Market

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    What phone and version are yall running? I can find US Cop in AppBrain but it won't show up in the market. I did some checking on Google and it says the market will not show apps that are not compatable with your phone. I am wondering if that is the issue.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ManImBored View Post
    What phone and version are yall running? I can find US Cop in AppBrain but it won't show up in the market. I did some checking on Google and it says the market will not show apps that are not compatable with your phone. I am wondering if that is the issue.

I'm on a Droid X on 2.2
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    I am using a Samsung Facinate with 2.1 update1.

I do know that in the market if you type uscop it does not come but if you type it us cop it will.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    iPhone 3GS. Although the email photo evidence portion of the app won't pull up. I've deleted it and downloaded it again but no luck. Everything else is fine.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The Android Market finally has updated its web site and you can install apps to your phone from the site. Theoretically. Myself, among other users, are having trouble getting the Market web site to recognize the phone associated with my account. https://market.android.com/

Fans of AppBrain will be pleased to know that their Fast Web Installer is back and working again. The exception for AppBrain is that it can't install paid apps. AppBrain blog: Fast web installer is back!
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    I went to the app market on the internet and tried to search for US Cop. Found it on the market but it still said it was not compatable with my phone. I have no idea why it will not work.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I went to the app market on the internet and tried to search for US Cop. Found it on the market but it still said it was not compatable with my phone. I have no idea why it will not work.

Which phone do you have again?

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Which phone do you have again?
    Stock T-Mobile Vibrant running 2.2.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Stock T-Mobile Vibrant running 2.2.
    Hmmm. I don't know.

Hopefully Xiphos will chime in. He's probably the best resource when it comes to an issue like that.

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Your Vibrant absolutely should be compatible. There's something going on in the back end, I'd contact the developer.

If you just got the update to 2.2 the Market may not be caught up with you. The developer has to tell his app that it's ok for you.

When I rooted my Vibrant and loaded custom 2.2 roms on it sometimes my apps wouldn't install and weren't in the market. It took a week or two before all the developers had recognized that my phone was compatible.

Send the dev a PM http://apbweb.com/forums/members/markformac-23766/ and tell him your phone can't find his product. He'll want to fix that if it's the Market end. He needs to know what phone and version etc you have.

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    I have had the new update since the day it was released, about two weeks ago. I will PM him and see what he can do.

Verified LEO
    I contacted the developer and he contacted Google. It appears he copy protected the app when he uploaded it to the market. For some reason when T-Mobile updated the Vibrant to 2.2, it can not see copy protected apps. So far, I have been unable to find a work around.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That should be updated and fixed soon then.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Amazon opened their "App Store" this week.

Amazon.com: Appstore for Android

Make sure you go to Settings -> Applications -> and check the box next to "Unknown Sources."

Go to the Amazon app store and click on "Get Started." Enter your email and an email with a link to the app will be sent to you. Click on that link from your phone and it will download the app store.

Right now Amazon is the exclusive provider for the new "Angry Birds: Rio" game which is free. Every day a new app will be featured for free.

Sorry AT&T customers. Ma Bell won't let you side load (Unknown Sources) apps so you can't install this. Rumor has it though that Amazon is working on a deal with AT&T so hopefully a little patience will bear fruit.

If you root your phone there are other ways to get apps on there.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Run down of browsers for Android.

Android Browser Faceoff

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I've been a fan of the Opera mini browser for awhile. Yeah, it's limited, but their server side compression makes it worth the trade off when you're off the beaten path and data is down to a sip. Handy to have stuck away for such times.

Currently its displaying O/R in mobile view regardless of setting, but the iOS version did that for awhile too before going to the full display.

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    I've been a fan of the Opera mini browser for awhile. Yeah, it's limited, but their server side compression makes it worth the trade off when you're off the beaten path and data is down to a sip. Handy to have stuck away for such times.

Currently its displaying O/R in mobile view regardless of setting, but the iOS version did that for awhile too before going to the full display.

I use dolphin browser and I love it. It also lets you chose how to view O/R. With my Droid X I prefer viewing it as a web page rather than mobile
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Shazam Encore, a $5 app that can identify music you are listening to on the radio is FREE today only on the Amazon Appstore.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    I use dolphin browser and I love it. It also lets you chose how to view O/R. With my Droid X I prefer viewing it as a web page rather than mobile
    I'm liking Dolphin! This is very nice, and fast. I submitted a bug report to the Opera Mini team about the site displaying in mobile view since they fixed the server side compression to display the full site in the iOS app soon after it was first released. Hopefully they'll get this sorted too so I can have a new favorite fat data browser and one quick as lightning when data isn't.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Fruit Ninja is today's free app on the Amazon Appstore.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information