Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Applications for Android Market

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    I downloaded Air Control today. Welcome to my new addiction!
    Today's Amazon app is Flight Control, game with a similar concept.

Noticed with the Amazon "free paid app of the day" apps that even if you uninstall them (or just download and skip install) they remain in "My Apps" so you can go back later and still get them for free. So if there's something that seems like it might be handy someday, but you'd rather not clutter up your phone today, it still might be worth grabbing.

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    For those that have US Cop, if you haven't already downloaded the update, there is a new one out. He added some pretty cool stuff and once he gets all the features working he is advertising, this is going to be awesome. Best money I ever spent on an app.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Anyone know why the FoxNews app keeps force closing? I've read up on as much as I can find on the problem, tried the suggested fixes and it still doesn't work.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Anyone know why the FoxNews app keeps force closing? I've read up on as much as I can find on the problem, tried the suggested fixes and it still doesn't work.
    It's crap. I've tried installing it a few times the last couple years and it always crashes and never works right.

Get BuzzBox. You can put a widget on your homescreen with headlines. You can also select which sources you want, including FoxNews and Drudge etc.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    And that's why you're the man.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Since gas is going back up I'm going to give this app a try. It is call Mileage, and yes I am anal about it. I've found that on our Grand Cherokee I can get about 1.5 mpg more than the wife:

Mileage: Tracking fuel consumption the easy way. – Android and Me

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Got bored today and started playing with some different options to what I already use on my Droid X.

First up was my weather program. Since Accuweather's most recent update it's not performed the way it had previously. I flirted with Weatherbug for a bit, but found that it does not update that well. I've been reading good things about the "GO" apps, so I downloaded GO Weather and the GO weather widget skin plug in. So far I like it. It has a great clean look, and so far I see several options for customization.

GO Weather for Android | AppBrain.com

Next up was my SMS app. I've been running stock SMS for some time (save for a brief fling with Handcent) so it was time for a change. Handcent seemed cool, and I was tempted to try it again, but hey, I liked the GO Weather, so I'm giving GO SMS Pro a test drive. So far, so good. (I've only had it on the phone for about an hour). Again, very clean and customizable. Several options that Handcent had, and I'm still figuring it out so far, but I like what I see.

GO SMS Pro for Android | AppBrain.com

I'm going to explore some more of their apps, and may even give a launcher a shot. Xiphos has had nothing but great things to say about Launcher Pro so when I'm ready to go that route I may try a little of LP and GO Launcher to see which I prefer.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    I use Handcent and love it. They offer ways to customize options for each contact which is nice. For a launcher I use ADW Launcher EX. My g/f uses the free version and I have only noticed a few differences. ADW has lots of cool widgets and themes.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    I use Handcent, too. Free version; I didn't know there was a paid version. I admit, I haven't played with the customizations, etc. I just like it better than the stock program..
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I've been using Handcent as well but I'm not opposed to switching things up a bit and trying something new.

My favorite weather program is WeatherBug. I paid for the Elite version as well which get you some more widget options. Very nice widgets, weather alert notifications, and live radar.

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    The free shooter app.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I tried handcent and it wasn't bad, but I like (and use) ChompSMS better. It's basically a Handcent knockoff, without as many options, but it seems to load chat threads quicker.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    Hurrican season starts Wednesday. Anyone know if any good hurricane tracking apps? Looking for something that mainly shows predicted track and will allow me to read the NWS discussions on the storm.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Maybe your Android is a Democrat!

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Ok...so if you don't mind so-so bit rate, and you aren't trying to pump the music out on a decked out system, mp3 Music Download is a gem. Every song I've searched for has been on the so far. You can download the tracks to your phone, stream it, or make the songs ringtones. Looks like it's been around forever, but this is the first I've heard of it or used it.

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    I am loving the netflix app and the HBO app. Nothing better than watching sopranos while sitting in the waiting room of a dr's office!
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Netflix finally came out for the Inspire. I'm rocking it.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I would so love Netflix on my phone (it's available). We have very little 3G here (and it would involve going to the hated AT&T to get any real coverage.) The cell companies here are talking about upgrading to LTE soon and skipping 3G which would rock.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Beautiful Widgets is FREE Right Now from GetJar - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I normally don't download apps from anything other than the market, but changed that briefly to pick this up for free through getjar. Jump on it now, free rather than 3 bucks.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    Reca, for passwords and anything else you want encrypted, try Keeper
    Keeper

Oh yeah, it's free
    Is this still a good password keeper app, or have any of you found a better one since last summer?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information