Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries

Best Smart Phone?

I currently have a droid incredible I have been having many problems with this phone. verizon has agreed to give me a new phone. I am able to pick any phone the verizon carries. I have been looking at their phones I am leaning towards the motorola droid x or the samsung fascinate . does anybody have any input on either of these 2 phones or input on a different phone that I maybe missing ?
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

phantasm is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I have the palm pre plus. If you can hold out for a little while, they're (supposedly) coming out with the palm pre 2 soon.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    I have until Monday to chose

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    The Droid X is HUUUUGE....seems like a good phone though, just way too big
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

I've watched several comparisons, this one seems to be a little more balanced than the others.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Personally, I stay with Motorola phones for QC.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    What problems are you having with the Incredible?

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    I keep getting a low on space error message. I am using less than 2 gigs of the 24 available gigs. I have done 2 factory rests. I went up the tech line with both Verizon and HTC. Neither can fix the problem. They have recommended for a replacement phone. They said they can send another incredible but said that this. Is a widespread problem with the device. Because of this they said that they will replacement phone.of my choice.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    After getting my hands on both phones I am leaning towards the X. I just think Motorola is a better brand. Everything we use at work is Motorola and the quality is great!

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    I've got an LG Ally that I'm pretty happy with. Don't know if it's at the same point in the features, etc. but you might take a look at it.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Ordered the Motorola Droid X. Looks like best choice for me at this time.

armygrnt502 is offline Making my streets safer, one day at a time
    Verified LEO
    Reca let me know how that is please. Ive been eyeing that one and while Im leaning towards it...Im still on the fence.
    "Sometimes people need a little help. Sometimes people need to be forgiven. And sometimes they need to go to jail."

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    For sure. They said I should have it tomorrow. I have been watching a lot of youtube videos on it and From what I see it is a very good and powerful phone.

ohionarc is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    I have the Sprint EVO... Columbus, Cleveland and Cinci just went 4G....LOVE THIS PHONE, and it works as hotspot!!!

OhioNarc

TheBigO
    Somewhere in Ohio

"There will be no peace until they (terrorist) love their children more than they hate ours"

The opinions represented here are mine, they are not intended to in anyway represent my agency.....

mfranklin01 is offline its not vendication...its punishment
    Ive had my Droid X for about a month...with the exception of the back button getting worn down already and some minor data issues its a great phone. The data is mainly with FB and I think its more of an app problem then a phone problem. Its a great phone (don't miss my blackberry at all)
    "Be Polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet"

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    I can say that I am happy with the x . I still liked the incredible better but so far I have no real complaints with the x

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mfranklin01 View Post
    Ive had my Droid X for about a month...with the exception of the back button getting worn down already and some minor data issues its a great phone. The data is mainly with FB and I think its more of an app problem then a phone problem. Its a great phone (don't miss my blackberry at all)
    Take a look in the market. There is a new update our for Facebook. With this new update it now has push messaging and facebook chat.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    As an aside, I finally just jumped on the rooted bandwagon! DIncredible here. Woot!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    For the dense folks like me -- what is the effect of rooting a phone? I know it has something to do with stripping down to the guts level of the OS... but that's about the limit!
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    For the dense folks like me -- what is the effect of rooting a phone? I know it has something to do with stripping down to the guts level of the OS... but that's about the limit!
    It's essentially administrator access to your phone. In the Unix/Linux world that is called Root Access.

Rooting will allow you to run a number of apps that need that access to function. I frequently run customized "ROMS" --individual developers "cook" the operating system to provide faster phones, or more battery life etc.

For every day users the advantages can be as simple as removing all the pre-installed bloatware that is shipped on the phone.

Edited to add: Rooting will void the manufacturer's warranty. If you screw up you could "brick" the phone. That means the phone is as useless as a brick. Your cell carrier won't send you a new one because you bricked it. That said, the current methods for most Android phones is very easy and safe. My phone essentially involved copying a file to it and running it on boot up.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information