Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Food Inc.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Food Inc.

Who's seen it?? What were you're thoughts?

Official Food, Inc. Movie Site - Hungry For Change?
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I've seen it. I thought it was interesting, and I know that food production isn't pretty. I do think that it was a bit one-sided and sensationalized, and I wish that some of the manufacturers depicted had accepted the invitations to appear in the film.

I also think that some of the larger companies are industry bullies, and I'll leave it at that.

Here's a site that the meat and poultry industry started as a rebuttal to the film: SafeFoodInc.com

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Food Inc. is the biggest reason I wanted to get my hobby farm thriving. By the end of this next summer I'd like to be raising beef, chickens, eggs, and pork. So far I've got eggs and beef taken care of. Pigs and meat chickens will be next.

I agree that it was sensationalized (I guess I don't KNOW that...but I assumed it). But regardless, something raised at home, or by your neighbors, has gotta be better than something "raised" in a factory or by a corporation.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    Food Inc. is the biggest reason I wanted to get my hobby farm thriving. By the end of this next summer I'd like to be raising beef, chickens, eggs, and pork. So far I've got eggs and beef taken care of. Pigs and meat chickens will be next.

I agree that it was sensationalized (I guess I don't KNOW that...but I assumed it). But regardless, something raised at home, or by your neighbors, has gotta be better than something "raised" in a factory or by a corporation.
    That's awesome, jmur! And you're right - growing your own food is better. In my opinion, anyway.

Thread Information