Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

.Wav to MP3 converter

Can anyone point me to a free .wav to MP3 converter? I've got 14 days left of a free trial, then I have to buy the one I'm using now. I've looked around but can't find anything!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    Try Audacity. I use it to make ringtones for my cell phone. I know it will convert a .mp3 to a .wav so I see no reason why it wouldn't work the other way around.

If you have any questions on how it works, let me know and I will try and help.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Yep audacity is what u would suggest. As long as you get the most current version with the LAME.dll encoded you'll be good to go.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Awesome, thanks!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Sorry, my original post was from my phone. Edited the typos.

Did you try it out yet?
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Well the handful of audio files I needed converted I already did with the one I'd already downloaded (before I realized it's only a 14 day trial version)

I opened up audacity and played around with it a bit, but I don't have any more files to convert (for now). But, it looks like it's going to work. Thanks again.

Thread Information