Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Billy Ray Cyrus says "Hannah Montana" ruined his life and family

These days Billy Ray Cyrus's life is imitating a bad country song: He's headed for a messy divorce, his record company just delayed his latest comeback, and his cherished 18-year-old daughter seems destined to rip bong hits at every party in the U.S.A.
    I point out to him that the examples he's just given—Kurt Cobain, Anna Nicole Smith, Michael Jackson—are all pretty terrifying. Does he really think Miley is in that kind of situation?
    "I don't know. I'm her daddy so maybe I'm a little sensitive to it, but now's a real good time to make sure everything's okay. An ounce of prevention's worth a pound of cure."
    "Somewhere along this journey," he says, "both mine and Miley's faith has been shaken. That saddens me the most." When they first came to Hollywood for Hannah Montana, the two of them would drive down the freeway together to the studio each morning, and every day Miley would point out the sign that said
    ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY
    ATHEISTS UNITED
    Just before moving out to Los Angeles, the whole family had been baptized together by their pastor at the People's Church in Franklin, Tennessee. "It was Tish's idea," he remembers. "She said, 'We're going to be under attack, and we have to be strong in our faith and we're all going to be baptized...'" And there, driving to work each day in the City of Angels, was this sign. "A physical sign. It could have easily said 'You will now be attacked by Satan.' 'Entering this industry, you are now on the highway to darkness...'"
    Do you really see it in such clearly spiritual terms—that your family was under attack by Satan?
    "I think we are right now. No doubt. There's no doubt about it."
    And why is that happening?
    "It's the way it is. There has always been a battle between good and evil. Always will be. You think, 'This is a chance to make family entertainment, bring families together...' and look what it's turned into."
    Hannah Montana probably has brought a lot of families together—just not one...
    "Yeah. I know. I know. I know."
    And do you see the show as a big part of what has made things not work in your family?
    "Oh, it's huge—it destroyed my family. I'll tell you right now—the damn show destroyed my family. And I sit there and go, 'Yeah, you know what? Some gave all.' It is my motto, and guess what? I have to eat that one. I some-gave-all'd it all right. I some-gave-all'd it while everybody else was going to the bank. It's all sad."
    Do you wish Hannah Montana had never happened?
    "I hate to say it, but yes, I do. Yeah. I'd take it back in a second. For my family to be here and just be everybody okay, safe and sound and happy and normal, would have been fantastic. Heck, yeah. I'd erase it all in a second if I could."
    More here: Billy Ray Cyrus: 'Hannah Montana destroyed my family' | The Music Mix | EW.com

Err Miley Cyrus compared to Kurt Coban.....don't see the comparison. LOL
    There’s a promise I need you to make
    While I’m gone you take care of the love
    And I’ll deal with the hate.

Don’t worry about me; I’ll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    I’ll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    The Billy Ray Cyrus costume now comes with a drama queen crown.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Maybe he should grow his mullet back
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Hawk1 is offline Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn2009 View Post
    Err Miley Cyrus compared to Kurt Coban.....don't see the comparison. LOL

Hey..I do..both are overrated
    "Contrary to popular belief, you will not rise to the occasion, but will fall to the level of your training"

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Growing up in hollywood isn't good for young girls? Might corrupt them? Na, I don't believe it.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    He is just worried his meal ticket has run out

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    There are perceptions we never see, but still remain a reality to those who do. A life lived publicly has been the bane of many existences, and honestly, the downfall of the vast majority who have undertaken it. Success stories of many celebrities (as we percieve them) are likened to Cinderella, when in fact, they are more akin to bondage than to freedom and independence. For Cyrus to say his families life is a spiritual war, I can believe that it is.

Growing up in fame is growing up with certain expecations, and always being dependent upon that fame (and what it takes to continue it), is enough to destroy even the staunchest of souls.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

APB Guest
    I went to school with a girl who is now a serious movie and TV star. She was in her first major film while we were in high school. She was, and remains, a nice person, but what happened was that she was literally removed and elevated from us... it was clearly observable even when she came back to school to graduate after having been away on sets for a couple of months.

While I agree that the isolation is tough, most likely, the reality is that at any point, you can choose to wind your career down if you really want to, and once you've been in a few films, or whatever, you can afford to retire. The media and public have a short memory, ultimately, and after a few years you'll likely be able to resume a semi-normal lifestyle once you're out of the public view.

Those who end up with problems are those who become addicted to the fame. Like any other drug, they keep wanting to come back for more, and better, in what we in LE all know is ultimately a doomed battle. There are those who weather fame gracefully, and keep working in the public eye because of personal reasons, of course, but many of the younger actors/etc I see nowadays fall into the trap of "more".

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Give the money back , Billy and I'll listen to your tale of woe. Until then , shut the f--k up.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information