Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Mike Huckabee criticizes Natalie Portman (Queen Amidala) for being pregnant (with Leia and Luke Skywalker?) out of wedlock

Huckabee made the comments on conservative commentator Michael Medved's radio show this week, after Portman accepted her golden trophy and in her speech thanked her fiance, Benjamin Millepied, for giving her "my most important role of my life."

Medved led the way on the question, saying the "most wonderful gift" Millepied could have given the diminutive Black Swan star "would be a wedding ring! And it just seems to me that sending that kind of message is problematic."
    Huckabee said he hadn't seen the Oscars telecast, but added, "What's troubling is that people see a Natalie Portman or some other Hollywood starlet who boasts of, 'Hey look, you know, we're having children, we're not married, but we're having these children, and they're doing just fine,' Media Matters reported on its website
    "But there aren't really a lot of single moms out there who are making millions of dollars every year for being in a movie," he added.
    "And I think it gives a distorted image that yes, not everybody hires nannies, and caretakers, and nurses. Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and never have health care. And that's the story that we're not seeing, and it's unfortunate that we glorify and glamorize the idea of out-of-wedlock children."
    He added, "You know, right now, 75 percent of black kids in this country are born out of wedlock. 61 percent of Hispanic kids — across the board, 41 percent of all live births in America are out-of-wedlock births. And the cost of that is simply staggering."

Read more: Huck rips Portman's pregnancy - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com
    Come on, give Padme a break, it's not her fault her fiance turned to the Dark Side of the Force.... And who knows, maybe their kids will grow up to do something good for the universe.....

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If the Republicans cannot figure out that the tea party movement was about republicanism they are going to lose again.

Stay the hell out of people's bedrooms and fix the tax code and cut spending.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Come on, give Pad me a break, it's not her fault her fiance turned to the Dark Side of the Force
    That light sabre musta been REALLY powerful. (Or REALLY loaded!)

(Or maybe he used the "Schwartz" on her.)

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

StoleIt is offline Officer First Class
    Who gives a shit?

Honestly Huckabee needs to mind his own business. He has no right to comment or judge her. She can provide for her child and that's all that matters.

Maybe she doesn't even want to get married? (I think she does but for arguments sake). Is he going to judge every family that doesn't want to get married but will still be a tight nit, responsible, caring family?

Ugh. This just pisses me off.

He is criticising like the ONLY celebrity that isn't out there getting cooter shots from the paparazzi, going to clubs and getting wasted, stealing shit, smoking drugs, etc.

Natalie Portman is probably the BEST celebrity roll model out there for young kids.

She went to HARVARD, she is smart, she is a hard worker, and she is successful.

tweakerseeker is offline Hunter of Men
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by StoleIt View Post
    Who gives a shit?

Honestly Huckabee needs to mind his own business. He has no right to comment or judge her. She can provide for her child and that's all that matters.

Maybe she doesn't even want to get married? (I think she does but for arguments sake). Is he going to judge every family that doesn't want to get married but will still be a tight nit, responsible, caring family?

Ugh. This just pisses me off.

He is criticising like the ONLY celebrity that isn't out there getting cooter shots from the paparazzi, going to clubs and getting wasted, stealing shit, smoking drugs, etc.

Natalie Portman is probably the BEST celebrity roll model out there for young kids.

She went to HARVARD, she is smart, she is a hard worker, and she is successful.
    Well said!
    "There is no 'nice' way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards, our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us, the work we're too afraid, too unskilled or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, cars and houses, out of our face. We want them to 'take care of the problem.' We just don't want to see how its done."
    - Charles H. Webb, Ph.d

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "tweakerseeker" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information