Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Airport restroom mirrors start displaying ads

The first units have in recent weeks been installed at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago. In the public restrooms.
    The idea is this:
    When a traveler walks into an airport restroom, he or she will see, over the sinks, where the mirrors are expected to be, big, vertical display ads for products. Some of the ads are still images; some are moving videos.
    When the traveler walks to the sink to wash his or her hands, the ads become mirrors -- except that in front of the traveler's eyes the advertisements grow smaller, and move up to a corner of the mirrors.
    Thus, the traveler is looking at his or her own face in the mirror, and also at the advertisement.
    "We have chosen to be in bathrooms," said Brian Reid, the founder and president of Mirrus, the Huntersville, North Carolina, company that manufactures and markets the mirrors. "Bathrooms are often the last places people stop before they board an airplane, and the first places they visit when they get off an airplane."
    Those travelers just about always stop to look at themselves in the mirrors above the sinks, Reid said. So why not turn those mirrors into advertisements?

More here: Yes, that's an ad in the bathroom mirror - CNN.com

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Well at least we know where all the extra fees are going, now.
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    I emailed the Executive Director of my airport years back and suggested we have ads placed over the urinals in the restrooms. I was thanked for my email, but to this day they haven't done it. I always figured that'd be a good source of revenue. Bars must make money off of it, so why shouldn't we?
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Thread Information