Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Mike325 is offline I like to ride on the fence!
    Verified LEO

Ugh, iPad showing mobile version

My iPhone displays these forums in regular real browser format.. My iPad shows me the mobile forums with no pictures. Can we please get a button at the bottom of the forums that says "go to full site" like many other websites.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike325 View Post
    My iPhone displays these forums in regular real browser format.. My iPad shows me the mobile forums with no pictures. Can we please get a button at the bottom of the forums that says "go to full site" like many other websites.
    Do you have a setting you can change how the browser identifies itself? My phone defaults to mobile but I can change the "User Agent" to "Desktop". The browser tells the site it's a desktop computer and I get the full site.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    I dont believe so but I'll look, I will say that other sites that typically bounce me to mobile on my phone display as full sites on the iPad just fine, just not this one..

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    The problem is simple to identify. You generally have to change your iPad once a month. Unless you are pregnant of course....
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Verified LEO
    I did some asking around and found out that perhaps these boards need updated.

I'm still surprised that my iPhone displays full version but not my iPad.. Same operating system, same browser...

Is it difficult to either update the forums (if that is indeed the problem) or add a "go to full site" button at the bottom? I dont particularly want to manage multiple browsers on my iPad if I don't need to...

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We do want to upgrade the OR software, however we need to make sure that the new version is compatible with our board theme. We also need to consider that the upgrade may cost money, and the installation will cost money. We will upgrade, it's just hard to say when.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Thread Information