Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Clark Gable's grandson charged with shining laser at police helicopter

Clark James Gable, 22, the only grandson of legendary actor Clark Gable, was playing with a laser when police arrested him, charging him with a felony this week, his manager told CNN Saturday. Gable is accused of pointing the laser inside the cockpit of a Los Angeles police helicopter flying over Hollywood, authorities said. A friend of Gable, whom the manager said was driving the car Gable was in, is facing the same felony charge, police said.
    "Boys will be boys, and he was playing with what he thought was a toy and not a felony piece," Roxane Davis, Gable's manager, told CNN. "From what he told me from jail, he had it out the window and he was shining it out the window, and the next thing he knew was that he had a spotlight on him.
    "It's terrible. He was crying yesterday from jail," she added. He was being held on $250,000 bail.
    Gable was released from jail Friday in what Davis described as a publicity stunt by a bail bond firm that posted the bail and arranged for TV news cameras to film his release.
    Gable didn't authorize the stunt and believes his sister, Kayley, 24, a reality show star, arranged the event, but Gable won't challenge how the firm bailed him out of jail, Davis said.
    More here: Clark Gable's grandson charged with shining laser at police chopper - CNN.com

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Clark James Gable, 22,...."Boys will be boys
    At 22, I don't think so.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Agreed. When grown men act like little boys that's how they end up in trouble. It's even worse when other "grown ups" act like it's ok and support them in it.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

StoleIt is offline Officer First Class
    As a pilot I CANNOT stress enough how dangerous laser pointers are.

They are the number one thread CONUS to aviation and the number two threat OCONUS next to MANPADS. They are 100% serious.

I literally slapped my buddy who came back from Afghanistan with a surplus Army green laser and pointed it up at the sky.

Yes, people don't know. But ignorance isn't innocence. I hope this get's a lot of attention so people realize they need to be careful with those fucking things.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    At 22 he needs to man up.

I agree with Stole it. In the county south of my old area gang bangers were intentionally using lasers on aviation units to try and get them to go away.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Thread Information