Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Hillbilly Handfishing

Animal Plant, Sundays at 10pm EST

Welcome to the wild sport of noodling! Watch thrill-thirsty city slickers head to Oklahoma to submerge themselves in murky waters to catch catfish with their bare hands and feet. It's a trip of a lifetime for fish-out-of-water, adventure-seeking city slickers who want nothing more than to surprise themselves -- and maybe gross themselves out -- by doing things they'd never thought they'd do. Led by Oklahoma hand-fishermen and self-proclaimed hillbillies Skipper Bivins and Trent Jackson, city folk get a taste of the redneck lifestyle by going through the paces of noodling catfish with no fishing rods and no hooks. The only lures are fingers and toes -- which, by the way, can be just as attractive to the snakes, beavers, muskrats and snapping turtles that take over abandoned catfish holes as homes of their own. The experience might be uncomfortable, completely foreign and downright terrifying, but it promises to alter the lives and positively affect each newly crowned noodler long after the last morsel of deep-fried fish is gone.

Hillbilly Handfishin' - Noodling Catfish : Animal Planet

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I know people that do this up to the LT level at my agency.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Yea, I got talked into it when I was young and stupid. I don't think I'll be doing it again. You just don't stick your appendages in places you can't see in areas where 'gators, snapping turtles as big as a car tire, and water moccasins big as a radiator hose live. We have people that sink washing machine baskets and other containers to make a likely spot for a catfish.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    First I ever heard of this was Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs

\\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Snapping turtles would worry me the most.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Snapping turtles would worry me the most.

There are two types of local animals that I despise more than anything. If you follow my twitter, you KNOW I hate large, injured, and pissed off vultures.

The other, is snapping turtles. Didn't anyone tell those prehistoric assholes that they're turtles? They're supposed to be slow. Dicks.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    The other, is snapping turtles. Didn't anyone tell those prehistoric assholes that they're turtles? They're supposed to be slow. Dicks.
    Coke Zero shot out the nose is painful.

Is there a story in there somewhere? Do tell, please! I got a mental pic of you with a turtle dangling off the end of a finger.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Coke Zero shot out the nose is painful.

Is there a story in there somewhere? Do tell, please! I got a mental pic of you with a turtle dangling off the end of a finger.
    It does sound like there's a story in there, doesn't it?

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    There are two types of local animals that I despise more than anything. If you follow my twitter, you KNOW I hate large, injured, and pissed off vultures.

LOL! Can someone hit Pudge up with some Rep? I have to spread it around again before I can give him some.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Done.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    It does sound like there's a story in there, doesn't it?

Unfortunately for you guys, there are no stories involving pain or injury, but I have done my share of dances trying to stay behind those smartassed bastards as I try to kick them off of the road.

Try to gently shuffle one or four turtles off of the road so they don't get run over and you do end up looking like you're doing dancing with the oldies while on crack for all of traffic to see. I'm surprised I haven't ended up on youtube.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information