Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

TV meteorologist admits she made up story about being attacked by stranger just to get attention

(AP) NEW YORK - A TV meteorologist admitted Wednesday she'd made up claims of being repeatedly attacked by a stranger on the city streets, allegations that sparked an extensive investigation before police said she told them she'd invented the story to get attention.
    Heidi Jones, who has worked for stations in New York and Texas and filled in on ABC's "Good Morning America," pleaded guilty to misdemeanor false-reporting charges.

Her plea deal calls for three years' probation, continuing psychiatric counseling and 350 hours of community service the amount of time police spent looking into her phony claims, prosecutors said. Jones is due to be sentenced Oct. 26.

Jones wanted to take responsibility for the episode and express "her deepest regret and her apologies for any inconvenience that was caused," said her lawyer, Paul F. Callan. Jones declined to comment outside court, where her remarks were limited to yes-and-no answers to a judge's questions.
    More here: NYC TV meteorologist admits false attack claims - CBS News

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    I'd give her all the attention she wants. Then take a nap. Then give her more attention.

Edit: Cancel that. I just read that her "attacks" that she reported were rapes. I rate people that report a false rape just above CIs, Lawyers, and Pond Scum.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If she wanted attention she just should have appeared topless on tv. Would have been better for her career.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Thread Information