Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Google + Info and Tips

Thought I would start a whole thread dedicated to Google + on the public side so as many people as possible can get on board. Several of the verifieds have been discussing this due to the privacy concerns. Without further ado:

Tips for Beginners
    10 Google+ Tips for Beginners

Video tour of Google +

Why I'm soon to be moving on from Facebook
    With 'real-time' apps, Facebook is always watching - CNN.com

Last night I deleted over 60 apps that were running on my FB page last night.

Add to this and share links to this thread with anyone that cares about privacy, but they still want to stay connected.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm glad I got in on the beta when I did. I love this site and have been slowly using more, especially with the changes to facebook and some other privacy concerns. With the integration with Google's other goodness, this site just makes sense.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Who on here is on Google+ yet? I just signed up.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I love the integration with Picassa.

I have deleted every photo and everything else I can on FB. Google is still rough around the edges and missing some features, but you can't beat the privacy control.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    Who on here is on Google+ yet? I just signed up.

I am.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    I am.
    Me too. Don't use it too much right now, but I'm getting there.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Just replaced Facebook on my Droid's home screen with Google +. Since last night I have had over thirty FB friends add me into their circles.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    G+ certainly has taken off in the last week. I don't think it hurts to use both, especially while you still have people on FB you want to keep in contact with. I've just deleted everything I can off FB though and it will be rarely used.

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Wow, I've got to check this Google thing out!
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Using both. Haven't decided how much I'm going to transfer.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

tweakerseeker is offline Hunter of Men
    Verified LEO
    I'm slowly making the transition. It seems that G+ allows to to control with whom you share information much better. I will probably keep my facebook page up, though. G+ doesn't yet offer business pages and I use Facebook a lot for my photography business.
    "There is no 'nice' way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards, our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us, the work we're too afraid, too unskilled or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, cars and houses, out of our face. We want them to 'take care of the problem.' We just don't want to see how its done."
    - Charles H. Webb, Ph.d

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "tweakerseeker" on Officerresource.com

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I finally remembered my password, so I'll be back on it!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm on Google + as well.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I'm in.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Bjohnson63 is offline King of the Shit Bucket
    Verified LEO
    I just signed up... got sick of Facebook's BS. Now if my friends will just follow me.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I posted, frequently, and annoyingly, all the crap about facebook and how G+ was the way to go. A few followed me. Others may in the future.

Bjohnson63 is offline King of the Shit Bucket
    Verified LEO
    Yeah, the tough thing is to break people of their habits... I know just about everyone on Facebook is sick of it, but few will change quick. I think it should be pushed to get them to try it and use both, this will get the friends lists built up, and I think people will then see how much better it is and make the transition over the next year.

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    I'm on there. Don't really use it much yet as most of my friends are still on FB.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Just got there.........;-)
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Thread Information