Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rwittyipso is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO

Battlefield 3 and MW3

Was wondering if anybody was getting any of these two games. For me i am getting both of them on the xbox 360. Also for anybody with a xbox my gamertag is witty602 if you want to add me.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    I'll probably get MW3
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I wish I had the time.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Bjohnson63 is offline King of the Shit Bucket
    Verified LEO
    Im getting BF3 for PC. Just a forewarning, BF3 was designed for PC and ported over to consoles, which is the opposite of almost all other games made now. So it might be a bit clumsy and the graphics will be dialed back alot. But either way, it should be fun. I'm looking forward to playing BF3 in full 3D.

thanantos is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I'll definitely be getting MW3 for Xbox. I've been playing COD since the PC beginnings.

Battlefield is interesting, but the only game I've played from that series was Battlefield 2 for PC and was never that impressed.

I am excited about the changes to the COD series making it more team oriented. The series (like many) has always been too K/D dominated even in the objective matches.
    The truth is you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men.
    But I'm tryin' Ringo.
    I'm tryin'...real hard...to be the shepherd.

DSAM-MI.org

Verified LEO
    LOL. I wont get into a COD vs BF... or PC vs Console. I have played both, and enjoy both, more so BF due to the team end of it. Plus, BF is far better graphics than COD... which hasn't changed since COD modern warfare. I hate corner campers and BF is not a camper friendly game, which is good. BF3 was made for computers, and is geared for the hardcore gamers. COD is geared for the casual console gamers. But to each his own, some people like different games and that perfectly fine.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I may get MW3. I have both xbox and playstation.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have to get a new console entirely before I can get either.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Thinking of getting BF3 for the PC. I just hope my machine can handle it. I also need to get a mic and ear phones. I've never played BF series games, but want to give it a shot due to what Johnson said above.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    BF3 is a hog. You will need a good PC. I am running a Core i7 940 OC'd to 3.2ghz, 2 - GTX260 graphics cards and 12GB ddr3 RAM. and I can only manage High settings, which yield 35fps - 45fps. From what I have been hearing, a GTX 580 or better is the way to go. Don't even bother trying to play without a quad core CPU though. I am probably upgrading to a GTX590 in January... and if I can sneak them past my wife...maybe getting two of them. I have the Nvidia 3d Vision kit with glasses and hope I can play BF3 in 3D with this card. I was barely able to do it in Bad Company 2... of course that was on maxed out settings.

Here is the card I'm getting - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...362&CatId=3669

Oh, and as for COD MW3, I will not be getting it this time. I have the last 4 COD's, and I get bored with them too quick. Alot of money for a two day joyride, but again, thats just me.

A little more on BF3. The game was made not just to be more graphically realistic but realistic in every way. the physics in it are great, you actually have to account for bullet drop. Also you have to move tactically with a squad, from cover to cover, with cover fire from squad mates when assaulting a position. You can't just run in open like on COD. Also everything is destructable. So if someone tries to camp a corner of a building, just blow up the wall and/or knock down the building. Also the maps are huge. In COD it would take about a minute or less to run the "circle" around a typical map. In BF3 it would take you about 5-10 minutes to run from one end to the other. This is why you can have fighter jets, helicopters, tanks, APCs, Boats, Humvees, AA tanks, ATV's etc. The technology in in the game is absolutely amazing. But because of all of this, it will never be truly appreciated on a console, only a beefy PC can truly reep the benefits. Thats why I say its a hardcore gamer type of game. you have to be willing to stick some serious cash into your rig. It was made for PCs and dumbed down significantly for consoles. Which is the opposite of COD and all other games released in the last 5 years. Check out this BF3 trailer - http://www.battlefield.com/battlefie...caspian_border

Keep in mind while watching the trailer... that every tree, bush, building, wall etc can be knocked down. COD almost seems like a 5 year old arcade game by comparison LOL.

krauty is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I ordered Battlefield 3 for my PS3

Verified LEO
    I may have to get BF3 for my computer. Looks like it kicks ass and my computer should be able to run it in Ultra graphic settings
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

thanantos is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I gave up PC gaming long ago (even though I acknowledge it is better) because keeping up with hardware requirements was getting ridiculous.

And I agree on COD vs Battlefield. To each his own, but campers must die Although, ironically, the only thing I think Battlefield is better at is sniping because the maps are bigger, but again to each his own.

If you're playing COD on XBOX hit me up: w00twarrior

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Send me a friend request on xbox. It is MyFriendPhil
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Been playing MW3. Doing a little better than I did at Black Ops cause I'm starting so far behind the 8 ball on this one. Still, it seems like some of these people don't have a life as much as they play.
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

Verified LEO
    I've only played about 30 minutes of the single player campaign for BF3 so far. I made the mistake of buying NHL 12 for Xbox at the same time and have been engrossed in that

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    MW3 on Crouch Only servers, is the way to play. (PC Version)
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

phantasm is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    mw3 on ps3. Played the BF3 open beta and didn't like it.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    And, I'm back! New Xbox and MW3. Add my gamertage, Pudge113. I've been out of the fps loop for about 8 months, so I suck worse than normal.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Yay Pudge!!!! It's about fucking time! I still haven't gotten MW3 yet. Been playing NHL 12 on Xbox and Star Wars The Old Republic on PC. No time for any other games.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information