Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4S

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO

iPhone 4S

got mine yesterday....I'm not exactly a "technowizard" or anything, but it's nice to have a phone that runs fasta gain (my old one was a 3G...it was so slow because apparently the device didn't fully support iOS4 and above, so when the new OS was installed about 8 months ago, it was painfully slow). The voice-to-text and the Siri thing are both pretty neat, although I'm not sure how useful they'll be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    The voice-to-text and the Siri thing are both pretty neat, although I'm not sure how useful they'll be.
    Using the equivalent on Android for a few years I agree. It's nice if you're driving and want to send a quick message without "texting" but I usually find it just as easy to pull over somewhere and take care of the message.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Bjohnson63 is offline King of the Shit Bucket
    Verified LEO
    I refuse to get a smart phone, and I am a geek. I have a $3500 custom built computer at home, plus two laptops that are connected to the highest speed interent offered in our area. I have no need for a 3.5" screen or texting.

Now I must admit, I do like toying with them, but I don't want to pay the extra $30/mo for slow internet, small screen (I have big hands). I use my phone for making calls. My current phone is a military grade flip phone... waterproof to 5 feet, shock resistant, and supposedly you can drive a 1/2 ton pickup over it and barely scratch it (though I havn't tried). The battery last 2 weeks, and calls are clear. I rarely text so this is perfect for me.

But alas, to each his own.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjohnson63 View Post
    I refuse to get a smart phone, and I am a geek. I have a $3500 custom built computer at home, plus two laptops that are connected to the highest speed interent offered in our area. I have no need for a 3.5" screen or texting.

Now I must admit, I do like toying with them, but I don't want to pay the extra $30/mo for slow internet, small screen (I have big hands). I use my phone for making calls. My current phone is a military grade flip phone... waterproof to 5 feet, shock resistant, and supposedly you can drive a 1/2 ton pickup over it and barely scratch it (though I havn't tried). The battery last 2 weeks, and calls are clear. I rarely text so this is perfect for me.

Motorola and Samsung unleash ruggedized Android phones - News - Linux for Devices

I'm rarely at home so I like being able to access my email, internet, and OR while on the go.

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    See for you it makes sense then. I'm on the computer alot, so for me it doesn't, like I said to each his own. And again I actually would like one to tinker with, just can't justify the expense.

Wait a minute...Xiphos aren't you in Alaska? I thought you'all still used the telegraph to comunicate, or carrier pigeons. LOL.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    No iPhone here. Going with the Galaxy Nexus for Verizon next month. My original Motorola Droid is due for an upgrade
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    I'm rarely at home so I like being able to access my email, internet, and OR while on the go.
    this is why I like having one
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

213th is offline Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjohnson63 View Post

Would you be an Ultra60 (60m) subscriber?
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Verified LEO
    Nope. We don't have Charter around here. We have a local coop that puts out a measly 6gig. But its still way faster than anything the wireless carriers put out around here. La Crosse, WI has Charter, but not us. They are in the process of running new lines that will boost us to 20gigs or better, but generally we are at least 5 years behind bigger cities.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My Droid Bionic is faster than the first five PC's I owned, and the internet on 4G is capable of blasting some home connections.

The screen is larger, and inside an Otterbox Defender you can't destroy it without considerable effort.

I've been on the internet since before the web, and although I still use a high speed network connected screamer of a laptop, my phone is always with me.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post

I've been on the internet since before the web

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Those were the days Mac. I remember shedding a tear the day AOL opened their gateways to the Internet and began polluting it.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Ifg I got an IPhone, what do I do with my bag phone?
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    Ifg I got an IPhone, what do I do with my bag phone?

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Keith surfing the Interwebz:

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Sign in on the VAX, Gopher over to University of Minnesota Library to get a Telnet out and hit ISCA, then go see what's new in the Wustl software depository, grab Zmodem to update my user account because life is too damn short for Kermit. Good times.

Being able to do twice as much with the flick of a finger while stuck in traffic? Better.
    And since this is an iPhone topic, I wish my Android's camera was as good as the iPhone.

BTW, that wife's video shopping terminal in that above video remind anyone else of the Kindle Fire? Love the husband's reactions.

Dustoff262 is offline Retirement date: December 29, 2019
    Verified LEO
    Found a glitch in the new IOS5 released that affects my Iphone 4. The bluetooth on my phone stays on and engaged, so I have to turn it off just to listen to my radio for local news and music stations. With the previous IOS 4.3.5, and the other operating systems before that, never had that happen with bluetooth. Tried to get through to apple to inform them and I get that recording that transfers me to another recording then tells me their operators are busy and I should buy a service call for 29.95 and they would get back to me.

Im pissed about that kind of customer service, so I guess the only thing left is to walk into the apple store itself and let them know of the glitch.

Does anyone else have that problem with the new IOS5 on the iphone 4?
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- George Orwell

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    And since this is an iPhone topic, I wish my Android's camera was as good as the iPhone.
    Bionic has an 8MP camera on the back and a VGA camera on the front.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information