Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

JK Rowling and Sienna Miller testify to British government about being hounded by media

Paparazzi hounded "Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling after her children were born so constantly that she felt like a hostage in her own house, she told a government-backed inquiry into British press ethics and practices Thursday.
    She could not go outside without being photographed for a week after the births of her second and third children, she told the Leveson Inquiry.
    And it was "hard to say how I angry I was" at finding that a journalist had managed to slip a note into her 5-year-old daughter's school bag, she said.
    Actress Sienna Miller told the probe earlier Thursday it was "terrifying" to be hounded by press photographers as a young woman.
    She described being a 21-year-old chased in the dark by packs of men, and she said press hounding had made her "intensely scared" and "paranoid."
    "Every area of my life was under constant surveillance," the "G.I. Joe" actress said.
    Miller got a 100,000 ($155,000) payout this year from the publisher of Rupert Murdoch's News of the World newspaper over phone hacking.
    But she told the inquiry she had sued for information about who was hacking her, not for the money.
    More here: J.K. Rowling chased from home by press, she says - CNN.com

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Poor JK Rowling. Having to hide in her own luxurious home behind stacks and stacks of money. Must have been a nightmare.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I would think their behavior would fall under stalker guidelines.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information