Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Courageous...

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Courageous...

The Heart Behind the Badge - YouTube

If you are a cop and a father, and this movie doesn't get to you, something is wrong.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    What an innovative and beautiful concept for a movie!

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Does the movie get real preachy?
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    It's been featured on my cable system's On Demand movies, I was wondering if it's any good. I'll have to watch it.

krauty is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I personally wasn't a fan of the movie....wasn't terrible but I will not watch again.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    The same production company made a movie called Fireproof. About a firefighter in a failing marriage, and what he did to fix it.

That was an alright movie. It was also a very christian movie, which I enjoyed but some may not.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    looks interesting

one thing i do when i leave work, work is done and its daddy and husband time,but the bad thing is carry a pd bat phone to help anyone working if they need help or have questions, or decisions need to be made (and no i am not a supervisor)

sometimes bad cases will linger in the back of the brain but i still try be the family man and not worry to much because it will still be there the next day at work
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I think I should watch the movie before commenting.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

abom334 is offline Every Meth Head's nightmare
    Verified LEO
    Personally, the movie hit me pretty hard. I will admit the screen got very blurry on more than one occasion. it is not overly preachy but it does make you really think about family, especially your relationship with your kids and being a role model. I loved the movie and will watch it again.

I would recommend it to any LE out there to at least try and watch it. If you get the message, it could possibly help with cynical thinking plugging back into family life. (that is if your dis-connected in any way with these subjects)

OK, I will admit it. When the movie was over, I went to my car and cried like a baby. It was very emotional and made me think alot about the impact a LE career has on family life.
    "Fear not the night. Fear that which walks the night. And *I* am that which walks the night. But only evil need fear me …and gentle souls sleep safe in their beds…because I walk the night".- Dave Grossman

abom334 is offline Every Meth Head's nightmare
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    The Heart Behind the Badge - YouTube

If you are a cop and a father, and this movie doesn't get to you, something is wrong.
    I agree with you 110% County. it changed my thought process big time.
    "Fear not the night. Fear that which walks the night. And *I* am that which walks the night. But only evil need fear me …and gentle souls sleep safe in their beds…because I walk the night".- Dave Grossman

Broke Hoss is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Great movie-IMO. I hope it does make some of us rethink ore reevaluate our relationships; both familial & spiritual. My wife & I saw it back when it was 1st released.

I think some have been disappointed because they went expecting a cop movie. It's more of a Christian themed movie about a group of cops.
    Blessed are the the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. MATT 5:10

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    very good movie

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Warched it yesterday with my wife. I made me think of what kind of a father I've been, and what I'd do different if I had the chance to do it over again. It stresses integrity and being true to yourself, regardless of your profession.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Does the movie get real preachy?
    YES! Basically the movie is portrayed as being a cop movie, but it ends up being more about religion than anything. There were only a few actual "cop" scenes in the movie. Though, I will say the part where Javier was in the car with the thug was hilarious!!

Overall, it was not a bad movie. I was just disappointed that it was portrayed as being a cop movie with a little religious message, but it was the other way around. I'm agnostic, so I won't say that I was offended by anything, it's just that I didn't care to hear all the preaching about religion. If I want to hear that then I'll go to church.

The scene towards the end with the shootout was intense and really well done. I would love to try the slingshot sometime, but I would probably break at least a few bones. That was pretty cool. The message about being a good father was very good, though.
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Watched it last night with the wife. I'm not a father and we don't have kids, but I still enjoyed it.

They made it out to be more law enforcement focused than religion, when it's actually the other way around.

It's got some twists and surprises that even I didn't anticipate.

Overall I enjoyed it.

But like every other Christian movie I've ever seen, the acting was at times, canned and transparent. Also the law enforcement scenes were generally relatively accurate for a movie, but there were a few scenes where my eyes just about rolled out of my head.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Broke Hoss is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    But like every other Christian movie I've ever seen, the acting was at times, canned and transparent.
    Well, the way I understand it, most of the "actors" are actually just members of the church that produced the movie. I believe the "star" also wrote the script & directed the movie; along with being a minister at the church.
    Blessed are the the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. MATT 5:10

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Broke Hoss View Post
    Well, the way I understand it, most of the "actors" are actually just members of the church that produced the movie. I believe the "star" also wrote the script & directed the movie; along with being a minister at the church.

More than likely, I believe it. The acting wasn't terrible, but it was apparent they aren't professionals.

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by McCrackhd View Post
    I would love to try the slingshot sometime, but I would probably break at least a few bones. That was pretty cool.

i thought i was the only one to do it. no broke bones......yet.

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Thanks for the information. I think I'll give it a pass.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm actually very excited to see this movie next week.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information