Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Bullied teen leaves chilling video before suicide

"In 7th grade I would go with friends on webcam," the card in the teen's hand read.
    "They wanted me to flash. So I did one year later," the cards said.The teen then got a message on Facebook from a stranger who said she needed to show more of herself or he would publish the topless pictures he had taken of her.
    On Christmas break, the police came to her home to tell her that photos of her were sent to "everyone."
    She says she struggled with anxiety, rarely went out for a year. And then the same man appeared again with a Facebook page that displayed her topless as his profile picture.
    "Cried every night, lost all my friends and respect people had for me ... again ..."
    She was teased and felt as if she could never erase that photo. She started cutting,a form of self-injuring act that psychologists say is an impulse-control behavior that sometimes accompanies a variety of mental illnesses.
    She thought the guy liked her even though she knew he had a girlfriend. One day he asked her to come over because his girlfriend was on vacation.
    "So I did ... huge mistake ... I thought he liked me," she held the cards in one shaky hand now, using the other to brush under her eye as if wiping away a tear.A week later the guy's girlfriend showed up at her school with a posse of 15 others. A crowd gathered. The girlfriend berated her screaming that nobody liked her."A guy than (sic) yelled just punch her already ..."She was punched. Thrown on the ground."I felt like a joke in this world I thought nobody deserves this," the next card reads. "Teachers ran over but I just went and layed in a ditch and my dad found me."When she got home she drank bleach."It killed me inside and I thought I actually was going to die."
    She moved in with her mother in another city, to another school. But her past followed her.
    "6 months has gone by ... people are pasting pics of bleach, clorex (sic) and ditches ... Everyday I think why am I still here,"
    Her struggles with anxiety and cutting had gotten worse and even despite counseling and antidepressants she still was rushed to hospital again after an overdose.
    The last cards say simply: "I have nobody. I need someone. My name is Amanda Todd."
    On Wednesday, Amanda Todd's body was found in her home, police in the Vancouver-area city of Coquitlam said. She took her own life.
    She was 15.
    Bullied Canadian teen leaves behind chilling YouTube video - CNN.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    "In 7th grade I would go with friends on webcam,"
    Not without parental supervision. Period.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information