Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Fans shocked by Disney-’Star Wars’ takeover

Fans are shocked that the "Star Wars" series is going to be taken over by Disney, though it seems they could benefit from more information.
    People took to Twitter immediately following the news on Tuesday that "Star Wars: Episode 7" will be coming out in 2015. Some expressed excitement at the prospect of a new trilogy, but many were displeased that Disney would be taking over the reigns. One fan's disapproval was quickly expressed in an image depicting three death stars in the shape of Mickey Mouse's head.Another compared the deal to Superstorm Sandy: "...Focus on one major disaster at [a] time!"
    Incidentally, the plot details around "Episode 7" are scant, but Lucas has dropped these hints over the years: It takes place a few decades after "Return of the Jedi," continues the story of Luke Skywalker, and would deal with the rebuilding of the republic.
    Celebrity "Star Wars" fans also weighed in:
    The reason I didn't tweet immediately is due to the heart attack I just had.Holy S***.#EpisodeVII
    — Damon Lindelof (@DamonLindelof) October 30, 2012
    Lindelof, former co-creator of the ABC hit show "Lost," also mused over the possibility of writing a script for the upcoming "Star Wars" film.

Fans shocked by Disney-
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

stillamarine is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Disney has always had some rights to Star Wars. That's how they are able to have Star Wars attractions at their parks. And they bought all of LucasArts which is interesting. I'm excited about a new movie but curious about the transaction.

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Now Micky Mouse can say, The Force be With You.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Well let's hope that if they make any films the are not like the last 3, which were utter garbage.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Thread Information