Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Australian police say Apple Maps could be "life threatening"

The Victoria police in Australia issued a stern
    warning
    Monday urging iPhone users to stop using Apple's Maps app in iOS 6 after having to rescue several people who became stranded thanks to the flawed program. Police said they have been called to rescue of a number of distressed motorists over the past several weeks who got lost in Australia's Murray-Sunset National Park after following directions on their iPhone.
    The police tested out the mapping system and found that it lists the Australian city of Mildura in the middle of the Murray Sunset National Park, approximately 43 miles away from the actual location of Mildura.
    Police warned that they are "extremely concerned," as there is no water supply within the park, and temperatures can reach as high as 114.8 degrees Fahrenheit, "making this a potentially life threatening issue." Some of the people saved by police had been stranded for up to 24 hours without any food or water. Others walked long distances through dangerous terrain to try to get phone reception and find their way out.
    Australian Police: Using Apple Maps Could Be 'Life Threatening' | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    The species has been lacking in natural selection for awhile.

Self correcting system in action.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Thread Information