Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lewisipso

Thread: Samuel Jackson tries to get interviewer to say the N-word out loud

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Samuel Jackson tries to get interviewer to say the N-word out loud

Two weeks ago, the DjangoUnchained cast sat down with Jake Hamilton, host of Houston’s Emmy-winning film showJake’s Takes, at a press junket. Things went smoothly enough until Hamilton approached Jackson with a question about the movie’s controversial use of the “n-word.” Jackson insisted that Hamilton, who is white, say the word out loud; after Hamilton repeatedly refused, they moved on. It was uncomfortable.“The most awkward moment was just seeing everyone in the room freeze, and waiting to see what my reaction was going to be,” Hamilton says today.The internet reaction has been mixed. Many commenters claim that Hamilton should have simply said the word, while others applaud the reporter for not caving to Jackson’s demand. Hamilton says that his decision was in the best interest of the show and the network.
    Samuel L. Jackson dares interviewer to say the n-word | PopWatch | EW.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I also refuse to use the word in any context. That includes court testimony.
    cwtlady likes this.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

That Guy is offline No one in particular
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Samuel seems to be really nagging the interviewer.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Man, that sucks. I used to like his movies.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'd have said it to him. He was trying to get the guy to say it just as a power play. As much as I hate the word, I would have said it just to take the wind out of the asshat's sails. He waas using it as an intimidation tactic, with no real point to prove.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    I'd have said it to him. He was trying to get the guy to say it just as a power play. As much as I hate the word, I would have said it just to take the wind out of the asshat's sails. He waas using it as an intimidation tactic, with no real point to prove.
    I'm the opposite of that. I would have said "no." When he would have asked why, I would have said, "Because it's my choice, not yours." "Does it make you uncomfortable?" "Absolutely not. I'm my own man, not your sock puppet." It's an ugly word, and no man on God's green Earth can force me to say it just for shock value.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Thread Information