Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Talking Miss Utah gave hilarious answer to question about pay inequality between men and women but still won 3rd runner-up in Miss USA contest

The brunette bombshell glided straight into the top five, but bombed when it came to the interview portion of the competition. Celebrity judge NeNe Leakes asked Marissa Powell, 21, of Salt Lake City, her thoughts on the fact that women still earn less than men in our society. Chalk it up to nerves, but Powell stumbled over her words and provided a cringe-worthy response that included the phrase, "to create education better."
    "I think we can relate this back to education and how we are continuing to try to strive to," she said, pausing, knowingly, that this wasn't going well, before she flashed a smile and continued, "figure out how to create jobs right now."
    "That is the biggest problem, and I think especially the men are seen as the leaders of this, and so we need to try to figure out how to create education better so that we can solve this problem. Thank you."
    The best part? She still ended up taking third runner-up.
    Miss Utah bombs during pageant Q&A

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    I've seen Miss Congeniality, isn't World Peace supposed to be in the answer somewhere?
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    If only she had said "and also the YouTube" she would have won.

Word scramble nonsense got Susan Rice a promotion. Wait, this isn't a political topic? Sure sounded like one.

Thread Information