Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

Murder Not Suicide

Gotham murder: Illegal killed Adrienne Shelly, not Suicide
    By Stone Martindale Nov 8, 2006, 18:27 GMT

Illegal immigrant Diego Pillco, a construction worker confessed to killing actress Adrienne Shelly last week during a noise dispute, was arraigned in Criminal Court and held without bail yesterday.

Pillco is a 19 year old illegal immigrant from Ecuador, who told the police that he had "punched Shelly and, fearing she was dead, staged a suicide scene by hanging her from a shower rod." Reported the New York Post.

The Gothamist reports "Manhattan assistant district attorney Marit DeLozier said that Shelly died from 'compression to the neck,' not the punch, meaning she was probably just unconscious when she was hanged. Pillco did not enter a plea and was placed under suicide watch when remanded."

The New York Times and New York Post both have more detailed descriptions of how the fight may have started.

The Post speculated: "The actress told Pillco - who speaks little English - to be quiet by putting a finger to her mouth and saying, "Shhhh," a source said.

Pillco yelled at her in Spanish to get out, descended from the ladder, picked up a hammer and pounded the floor with it before again ordering her to leave.

Pillco, who is at most an inch taller than the 5-foot-2 Shelly, then shoved her out of the apartment and closed the door. But Shelly reopened the door and slapped his face before heading back upstairs, sources said."

"Pillco followed Shelly upstairs into her apartment, where she yelled at him to leave, and called him a 'son of a bitch.' " Reports the Post.

Law-enforcement sources said he may have hit her several times, and that she became unconscious.

A police source told the Times, "[Pillco] to stage this thing because he is trying to make it go away." Another investigator told the Post that Shelly "didn't go easily" during the fight, leaving scratches on Pillco's face (Pillco explained the scratches to the other construction workers by saying he got into a fight with movers.)

The Daily News that Shelly's husband, Andrew Ostroy, who discovered her body was insistent that she did not commit suicide, "is still in shock. I don't know if he'll ever get over this."

Newsday reports that the contractor who hired Pillco expressed condolences to Ostroy and added about Pillco, "He just seemed to be another hard worker immigrant. We cannot comprehend how a regular working day turned into a crime scene."
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    That's terrible.

May she R.I.P.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

“A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.”
    -Winston Churchill

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious
    A murdering illegal immigrant?

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by OFK View Post
    A murdering illegal immigrant?
    What you don't say?????!!!!! OMG I thought they just came here for a better life????
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Part of the thing with this is most of the illegals from across our southern border have very different cultural views in respect to women. Domestic violence isn't even nodded at unless the woman dies, in which case the guy still has a great chance of getting off with a slap on the wrist.

Doing this to a woman he's not related to makes you wonder how he treats the ones he believes he has power over.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information