Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Angry Citizens of Murphy, TX Protest Child Predator Sting [I am ashamed of these people!!!]

I cannot stand this "not in my backyard" shit. As an advocate of proactive policing, I commend the Chief of Murphy. I wish there were more like him. These people protesting child predators being brought to justice are an embarrassment to me and the whole state of Texas

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/10302399/detail.html

Murphy Citizens Question Child Predator Sting

POSTED: 2:16 pm CST November 12, 2006

Photo of counter-protest:

MURPHY, Texas -- For months Dateline NBC's To Catch A Predator series has captivated audiences and exposed sexual predators, but when the show rolled into Collin County, opinions were mixed.

Murphy City leaders and residents gathered at city hall Saturday evening for a special meeting to discuss the controversial sting operation.

While some residents praised the effort, and commended the police department on a job well done, others were not happy that Murphy police, Dateline NBC and the group Perverted Justice lured child predators to a house in their town.

"I do however question their judgment by conducting a sting operation in a residential neighborhood full of children," Cathy Smith said.

The issue was even more personal for Patricia Conradt. Her brother, former Kaufman County District Attorney Bill Conradt, was one of the men caught in the sting. However, Conradt killed himself before officers could arrest him.

"When these people came after him for a news show and sensationalism, it ended his life," Patricia Conradt said.

Mayor Bret Baldwin agreed. He said he was in the dark about the Dateline sting and he questioned the city manager's decision.

More than 20 suspected sexual predators were arrested in the sting.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Sounds like they don't want to know the truth about the neighborhood pedophile, they'd rather think he was just "that nice man at the corner" who kept smiling at the kids getting off the school bus. They believe that ignorance is bliss, and they like being blissful.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information