Welcome to the APBWeb.
    10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO

Philly Cruiser Caught Drag Racing

So I decided I was going to start posting a lot more positive articles in police news and really make an effort to not post any negative attention directed at Police. However, I saw this story last night on the news and I really want to hear everyone's opinion on this.

It's obvious that a marked Philadelphia Patrol Car was caught on tape drag racing on Philly's famous back roads used for racing.

So what do you think? Do you really think an Officer was that foolish? Possibly the motor pool mechanic behind the wheel?

I'm really interested to see what else comes out in this story. Being involved with LEO as well as being an avid car freak, this story really makes my ears perk up.

The story: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=4769856
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    The real question is...

...did he beat those ricer pussies??

I don't condone racing though...and all kidding aside, I will reserve judgment on this until the facts are in. If, however, it is found that a cop was indeed behind the wheel and racing, what a fucking moron!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    A few years back a couple of Lincoln Park (MI) officers were parked at the edge of their jurisdiction, bordering Detroit city limits. Political boundaries were tighter than the city limits. A gathering of cars were drag racing down the road (away from the officers) two by two. The cops called it in to Detroit but response was very slow. One of the cars ended up crashing killing a driver (or passenger?) and of course the Lincoln Park officers were blamed for not intervening, there was some speculation that the officers were heckling the crowd or encouraging the races on the PA. I think one or more of the cops lost their job over that.

I can't imagine what would happen if they were partaking in the races.

"Stupid should hurt."

CopsRCool302 Guest
    I'll take the cop car won? if it's a Ford Crown Vic, or a Mustang..

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by CopsRCool302 View Post
    I'll take the cop car won? if it's a Ford Crown Vic, or a Mustang..
    You'd probably be surprised at the quality of vehicles that show up to the Philly Street Races sometimes. The majority of them are worthless rice-rockets, but there are some really nice cars that show up also. In the video I can't tell what type of vehicle the Crown Vic was racing though.

Oh and yes, I've been to the Philly Street Races before. Yes, it was a few years ago with my friends. No, we didn't race. Yes, the cops came. No, we didn't all run to our cars like every other dumb idiot. No, we didn't peel out then drive like idiots to get away from the cops. Yes, we did walk to our cars then drive away carefully and legally. Yes, the cops left us alone. Yes, the cops pulled over anyone they saw driving like an ass. No, it wasn't fun. No, we never went to them again.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    You'd probably be surprised at the quality of vehicles that show up to the Philly Street Races sometimes. The majority of them are worthless rice-rockets, but there are some really nice cars that show up also. In the video I can't tell what type of vehicle the Crown Vic was racing though.

Oh and yes, I've been to the Philly Street Races before. Yes, it was a few years ago with my friends. No, we didn't race. Yes, the cops came. No, we didn't all run to our cars like every other dumb idiot. No, we didn't peel out then drive like idiots to get away from the cops. Yes, we did walk to our cars then drive away carefully and legally. Yes, the cops left us alone. Yes, the cops pulled over anyone they saw driving like an ass. No, it wasn't fun. No, we never went to them again.
    Your very lucky you didn't go to jail.

S225TSA is offline Banned
    This can't be good. Surely police have better judgement than this!

K9ForLife is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VibeGT View Post
    This can't be good. Surely police have better judgement than this!
    When they start making and employing robots to do our job then you can expect no stupid decisions/mistakes to be made by LEO's. In case you never noticed. We are humans just like you. Hence the stupid decisions at times.

S225TSA is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K9ForLife View Post
    When they start making and employing robots to do our job then you can expect no stupid decisions/mistakes to be made by LEO's. In case you never noticed. We are humans just like you. Hence the stupid decisions at times.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not putting this officer down.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by cntryboy0531 View Post
    Your very lucky you didn't go to jail.
    Philly cops don't take people to jail for just watching the races. They do however hand out spectator tickets now though. The only people who may have went to jail were the ones caught racing. But like I said, we were only there once for like half an hour before we realized how dumb it was and left respectfully.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

-Winston Churchill

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    The real question is...

...did he beat those ricer pussies??

Need I say more....Yes, I see the need.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    Who is to say he wasn't there to talk to some girls and the other 2 started racing and he was trying to catch them?
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I'm still pissed because my make/model/year car was one of the main ones from The Fast and The Furious. And I'm STILL fixing the crap the idiot teens did to her. Just a couple of months ago I pulled out about 8 pounds of speaker wire and you wouldn't BELIEVE the condition of the fuel filter. Damn toolers.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

CountyFourteen is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    maybe it was a "legal" race and was just some pr......or maybe they were pissed that popo car won..........
    Any Post I make is my opinion only!
    I do not have the authority or the permission to post for my Sheriff's Office.

Thread Information