Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO

US agents 'fail Bush's daughter'

One of the twin daughters of President George W Bush has had her handbag stolen in Argentina despite protection by US Secret Service agents.

Barbara Bush, 24, lost her mobile phone and credit cards in the incident in a restaurant in the capital, Buenos Aires - but she was not hurt.

She was dining with her twin sister Jenna at the time.

ABC News in the US says the theft went unnoticed by the heavy secret service force protecting the family.

US officials in Buenos Aires and Washington have declined to comment on the incident.

The BBC's Daniel Schweimler in Buenos Aires says it is highly embarrassing for the protection force.

The Bush daughters have been on holiday in the city for the past three weeks.

Our correspondent says that although Buenos Aires, a popular tourist destination, remains one of the safest cities in Latin America, petty crime is on the increase - whether you are protected by the US Secret Service or not.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...as/6171600.stm

"Stupid should hurt."

bigD is offline SEMPER FI
    I wonder what #'s were on the phone.. Or even better, what pics might have been on it.. Lets all keep in eye out for it on the Internet
    IF THE MIND FAILS TO RESPOND THE BODY MUST BE PUNISHED

FIDELIS AD MORTEM

CountyFourteen is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    warped mind at work........wonder what the agents were looking at, lol
    Any Post I make is my opinion only!
    I do not have the authority or the permission to post for my Sheriff's Office.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Anyone here from SS who wishes to comment?

"Stupid should hurt."

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I'm not with the SS, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I can't imagine she has any numbers for her parents. I'm sure Bush doesn't have his own cell phone, most likely she can call the white house switchboard and get routed to phones carried by staffers, so it's probably just full of her friends' numbers. Either way, there are no government secrets in that girl's purse, so we're all safe

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Sounds like Ms. Bush needs to learn some responsibility and stop relying on Secret Service Agents to look after her belongings!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    Sounds like Ms. Bush needs to learn some responsibility and stop relying on Secret Service Agents to look after her belongings!
    indeed.. Im sure the SS has better things to do than purse-watching. If no-one hurt, kidnapped, or killed her, they did an OK job...
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    +100!

She's an adult, and should have a good idea of her unique situation.

She probably left it in the bathroom, or under her chair.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    +100!

She's an adult, and should have a good idea of her unique situation.

She probably left it in the bathroom, or under her chair.
    ...she probably got careless and forgot that the SS are bodyguards, not butlers...
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Exactly!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    To be fair, I haven't heard her or anyone really blaming the Secret Service for the theft. I'm a little confused about why they keep saying she was robbed, since her purse was just taken when she wasn't looking.

HardNoseBull is offline HardNoseBull
    You guys down south must love what your tax dollars are going too, the bush daughters vactioning in Argentina with a full squad of SS. I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for the the average american citizen who has to cover the expenses or the poor SOB's who have to guard those to party girls. Either way there both adults, grow up and watch your own damn purse.
    Giggity giggity Goo!

Glen Quagmire,Family Guy, Pick any Episode

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by HardNoseBull View Post
    You guys down south must love what your tax dollars are going too, the bush daughters vactioning in Argentina with a full squad of SS. I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for the the average american citizen who has to cover the expenses or the poor SOB's who have to guard those to party girls. Either way there both adults, grow up and watch your own damn purse.
    I can think of a lot worse things my taxes go to. Considering the hostage potential of the President's daughters, I think it's a good thing they're protected professionally.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm pretty appalled at some of the downright fucking ignorant comments in this thread. First off, just to play devil's advicate for the "USSS SUX" side, even if they aren't there to protect Ms. Bush's belongings, per se, anyone who took the purse would have presumably had to get close enough to the First Daughter to do so. That should have caught their attention. BUT, news says that she wasn't in the immediate vicinity of the purse, so I don't see ANY fault with how the USSS deployed the protection detail.

THAT being said, I'm pretty disappointed in the downright rude and uninformed comments being made by other forum members, in addition to the lack of critical reading skills. Yes, the title of the article has "fail Bush's daughter" in quotes. So what? Whose words are those? Certainly not the First Daughters, or the President's, or the First Lady's. Not that I can see anyway, either from this article or any other. In fact, I haven't seen ANY comment from either the White House OR the Secret Service, other than to confirm that there was indeed a theft. This indicates to ME that neither think that it's a mind-shattering incident. But yet people here are blaming THEM. "They should watch their own damn purses. Fuck them! Yeah! Fuck those brats!"

And to top all of that, there are the straight up piss rude comments being directed towards the girls. Oh, boo hoo, what are they doing down there? Vacationing?? Holy shit! With a full USSS detail no less! What a waste of taxpayer dollars! FIRST, nowhere in that article does it say they are vacationing on taxpayer dollars. Hell, it doesn't even say that they are on vacation! And if they were, SO WHAT? So just because of who their dad is, that makes them somehow different from other young people their age? Because their dad is the president, they can't enjoy college and their twenties by going somewhere? That is some haughty fucking bullshit to blame the girls for having fun. And to allude towards past news of their party-going tendencies is a low blow in this case too. Again...they were EATING DINNER. I ate out last night....anyone else? Or is that too much of a wild time?

As for my tax dollars guarding them, I am fine with that. Again, it is not their fault, indeed it's an HONOR, that their father is the President of the United States. I have no qualms about my tax dollars going to protect his family, and (REMEMBER) the family of FORMER presidents. Why? Because of their family situation, they're automatically targets. Just because of their last name. Remember that the next time you bitch about your tax dollars being "wasted" by protecting the family of the Commander-in-Chief. Like his policy or not, he is my President, I elected him, and now it is an honor to contribute to the welfare of his loved ones.

I expect this type of shit from liberal whiner sites, but not here. I'm thoroughly disappointed.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Virginian I see your point about the hostage taking factor of the bushes daughters, but on the flip side, I don't think taking two high profile individuals like the bush girls to a south american country is great idea. Central and South America are very unstable in the LEO sense, I have good friends from Buenos Aires and they get nervouse when they go back because it's so corrupt and dangerouse, look at brazil with all the high profile kidnappings, that right beside Argentina. I understand everyone needs a holiday, but in my point of view going to country that yes has a stable but corrupt govt is not smart. There is a whole world out there to visit. However that being said Uruguay has a great reputation of being safe and the beaches of Montevideo are world famouse. I'm not saying lock the girls up, but I think when you go to these countries where druglords run the show and the cops and military are corrupt it's not smart. Thats just my opinion V.Plus your on their turf, which puts you at a extreme disadvantage if something goes wrong.
    Giggity giggity Goo!

CountyFourteen is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    lol......I think my reply was fairly witty.....not knowing the situation anyway..at least you didn't pick on my answer......or I might cry, lol
    I get enough stress to get any from a forum.......and no I don't feel any stress in your post.......but sounds like you might need to go outside and kick a dog or something......sorry I'm just rambling again with my twisted mind.....I'm permitted to have that when I'm off.........hmmmmmmm unless someone from my sheriff's office see's my post......and oh well........a few days off wouldn't be too bad..even if it is without pay, lol
    Any Post I make is my opinion only!
    I do not have the authority or the permission to post for my Sheriff's Office.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by HardNoseBull View Post
    Virginian I see your point about the hostage taking factor of the bushes daughters, but on the flip side, I don't think taking two high profile individuals like the bush girls to a south american country is great idea. Central and South America are very unstable in the LEO sense, I have good friends from Buenos Aires and they get nervouse when they go back because it's so corrupt and dangerouse, look at brazil with all the high profile kidnappings, that right beside Argentina. I understand everyone needs a holiday, but in my point of view going to country that yes has a stable but corrupt govt is not smart. There is a whole world out there to visit. However that being said Uruguay has a great reputation of being safe and the beaches of Montevideo are world famouse. I'm not saying lock the girls up, but I think when you go to these countries where druglords run the show and the cops and military are corrupt it's not smart. Thats just my opinion V.Plus your on their turf, which puts you at a extreme disadvantage if something goes wrong.
    I believe one of the daughters is there because she's working with UNICEF, which I think is pretty impressive, considering she could very well be sitting at home watching TV instead. She's not exactly on a dream vacation.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CountyFourteen View Post
    lol......I think my reply was fairly witty.....not knowing the situation anyway..at least you didn't pick on my answer......or I might cry, lol
    I get enough stress to get any from a forum.......and no I don't feel any stress in your post.......but sounds like you might need to go outside and kick a dog or something......sorry I'm just rambling again with my twisted mind.....I'm permitted to have that when I'm off.........hmmmmmmm unless someone from my sheriff's office see's my post......and oh well........a few days off wouldn't be too bad..even if it is without pay, lol
    County, I'm not too mad about people defending the USSS. Hell, I'm on their side.

What I'm mad about is people that bash the family of my president without provocation. This thread went from an interesting "did the USSS possibly fuck up?" thread to full out "Bash the Bush's bratty, irresponsible, partying daughters." That is bullshit, and it is unwarranted. It seems that people are so quick to be disrespectful towards anyone even remotely connected to Bush.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 121Traffic again.
    Poop.

So V as for unicef, I saw no mention of that anywhere so I concede I did not have enough info, and I concede that would change my opinion, I fully endorse unicef and give money every halloween when the kids come knocking. As for 121 traffic have we vented now, good, I'm not bashing anyone, I made the oberservation they can watch there own purse, I made no negative comments on LEO's and as for the daughters, it's no secret they have a party reputation, now if you feel thats disrespectful good on ya, I don't, I call that free speech and stating my opinion. Oh yeah and as far as being liberal, look at my posts and response's to other threads and then tell me I'm a liberal. I have no problem with arguing our own opinions, we all fight for that right every day, however my posting on this site and responses to posts on this site have never been what I would call liberal. I try to be as fair and responsible as i can. In the end we can always agree to disagree. I'm fine with that as well, I can respect the fact you and I differ on a topic, thats the beauty of free country.
    Giggity giggity Goo!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information