Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Angry Man gets mad that Police won't ticket him for speeding so he rams a patrol car

Think getting a speeding ticket is upsetting? Well, not getting pulled over for speeding made a Portland man so angry he decided repeatedly ramming his car into a Police cruiser might be a better way of getting the authorities' attention.

The Portland Police car was a victim of hit and run
    Portland Police Spokesperson Brian Schmautz said shortly after 5:00 p.m. Friday night officers at the Northeast Precinct on NE Emerson St. got a call that someone had just hit one of their patrol cars, then backed up and hit it again.

The officers went outside and saw an abandoned Honda Civic that happened to be right next to the damaged patrol car.

A short time later police found the driver of the Honda, 35-year-old Jason Klopf.

Jason Klopf said he rammed the patrol car because police failed to pull him over for speeding.
    Klopf apparently told officers he was upset because he had been driving around on city streets at over 100 mph and no one ever pulled him over to give him a ticket.

Ramming the police cruiser didn't get him a speeding ticket but Klopf did manage to get himself a trip the Multnomah County Jail on charges of reckless driving and criminal mischief

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    I looked this guy up in the dictionary and found his picture listed under "Dumbass"

armygrnt502 is offline Making my streets safer, one day at a time
    Verified LEO
    LOL..I wish all the criminals that I deal with would do the same thing, save for running into the cars...just run into the police dept. and we will find them knocked unconsious.
    "Sometimes people need a little help. Sometimes people need to be forgiven. And sometimes they need to go to jail."

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I wish they would have elaborated on why he wanted a speeding ticket.

Obviously he's mental...but I like hearing crazy peoples reasoning for things. Makes me feel good about myself
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Emily is offline Corporal
    Well, it doesn't get much easier than that!

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    I wish they would have elaborated on why he wanted a speeding ticket.

Obviously he's mental...but I like hearing crazy peoples reasoning for things. Makes me feel good about myself
    I didn't get a ticket once when I really should have. What should have been a relief instead made me mad. By not pulling me over the officer was messing with my world view. That's just not how it's supposed to work!

Though I didn't go ramming any cars over it. I still think about that ticket my teenage self earned and didn't get - which has probably done more good than a ticket would have.

Little crazy person insight

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    Too bad that agency can't go on a massive speeding ticket-writing campaign and put on each ticket "This Ticket courtesy of Jason Klopf. If you would like to thank him, his contact information is below."
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

markw76 is offline Guy behind the mic
    That's my town! Tweakers, Homeless driving Buicks, bicycle lanes where only the suicidal would want to ride, long-time businesses being taxed out of town, and more pigs than we have pokes to put 'em in. Just when we thought it couldn't get any better, they want to spend more multi-millions on another streetcar line. And we still don't have enough police or firefighters.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible actions." ~ George Washington.

A Dead Enemy Is A Peaceful Enemy - Blessed Be The Peacemakers.

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    I wonder if they decided to write him the speeding ticket after he war arrested?

Give him an advisement, have him scribble out a statement about his driving, give him his ticket. Everyone is happy

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    This guy sounds a little crazy. Who the hell gets upset when they don't get a ticket?!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    This guy sounds a little crazy. Who the hell gets upset when they don't get a ticket?!

Just this moron in the story,,,,

Thread Information