Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Talking Cindy Sheehan Found Guilty Of Trespassing

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/10509135/detail.html
    'Peace Mom' Cindy Sheehan Found Guilty
    Anti-War Protesters Accused Of Trespassing

POSTED: 11:09 am CST December 11, 2006

NEW YORK -- Peace activist Cindy Sheehan and three other women were convicted of trespassing Monday for trying to deliver an anti-Iraq war petition to the U.S. Mission to the United Nations and refusing to leave.

(more images on web site)

A Manhattan Criminal Court judge sentenced them immediately to conditional discharge, which means they could face some form of penalty if they are arrested in the next six months, and ordered them to pay $95 in court surcharges.

Sheehan and about 100 other members of a group called Global Exchange were rebuffed last March when they attempted to take a petition with some 72,000 signatures to the U.S. Mission's headquarters across a street from the United Nations.

Prosecutors said they were arrested after ignoring police orders to disperse.

The four were acquitted of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and obstructing government administration. They had faced up to a year in jail if convicted of all counts.

Sheehan, 49, of Vacaville, Calif., lost her 24-year-old son Casey in Iraq on April 4, 2004. She has since emerged as one of the most vocal and high-profile opponents of the war, drawing international attention when she camped outside President Bush's ranch near Crawford, Texas, to protest the war.

The women, calling their campaign "Women Say No To War," had hoped to give the petition to Peggy Kerry, the mission's liaison for non-governmental organizations and sister of Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., as they had in 2005.

Kerry refused to meet with the women in the presence of Cindy Sheehan and the news media. She testified during the trial that the presentation seemed like a publicity stunt.

The women ignored police orders to leave and were reading it aloud on the sidewalk when police moved in. The women sat on the sidewalk and were carried to patrol wagons.

Sheehan's co-defendants were Melissa Beattie, 57, of New York; Susan "Medea" Benjamin, 54, of San Francisco; and Patricia Ackerman, 48, of Nyack, N.Y.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 12-11-06 at 01:26 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    She is a looney toon.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I wonder how badly she'd fail a psych eval?
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

AITG is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    She's the Jane Fonda of the 21st century.

Oxygen thief.
    Last edited by AITG; 12-11-06 at 05:26 PM. Reason: "i before e except after c"
    If I wanted people to like me I'd be a fireman.

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    “Sheehan, 49, of Vacaville, Calif., lost her 24-year-old son Casey in Iraq on April 4, 2004.”

From what I heard, she lost her son when she walked out on him and his dad when he was just a little kid.
    We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    "Attention whore"
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    She is a Can't Understand Normal Thinking
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sgkelly View Post
    “Sheehan, 49, of Vacaville, Calif., lost her 24-year-old son Casey in Iraq on April 4, 2004.”

From what I heard, she lost her son when she walked out on him and his dad when he was just a little kid.
    Hmm, I believe you but I would be interested in seeing that article or a story on that..
    It would reaffirm how much I despise her....Even though she has a right to protest. I dont like her way of doing it
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    Heh heh... buh-bye, Cindy.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    Hmm, I believe you but I would be interested in seeing that article or a story on that..
    It would reaffirm how much I despise her....Even though she has a right to protest. I dont like her way of doing it
    Working on it; something to read while you're waiting.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1491832/posts

OPEN LETTER TO CINDY SHEEHAN (Must Read)
    Me | 9/26/05 | Me

Posted on 09/26/2005 6:39:53 PM PDT by Mom of Two Soldiers

OPEN LETTER TO CINDY SHEEHAN:

Residing in the same town as you once resided and knowing your family, I must ask you, "Whatever are you thinking?"

Your son was the one who encouraged my youngest son to enlist. You were very proud of Casey and what he was doing then and he believed very much in what he was doing.

After Casey was killed, my eldest was one of the local airmen who brought him home, facing hostile fire to do so, so you would not not have to wait.

My daughter comforted you and your family. You two spent hours and hours engaged in heartfelt grief. At that time, you were very, very supportive of the President, of our soldiers and of what was occurring in Iraq.

Cindy, you've changed since the Kerry campaign contacted you in early July of last summer. You're not the same grieving mom, especially after you started traveling on the road to support John Kerry's campaign.

You've turned into a political puppet for those who are exploiting you and its not pretty nor does it do anything for Casey's memory. You're not the same, quiet compassionate woman we saw at church or downtown, when you proudly sat as the entire town showed up on Memorial Day to honor Casey and Mike Williams.

How can you justify berating the President for honoring the soldiers who died while protecting America and following the directives of the Congress and the Senate? How can you consistently state that you don't want your son's name to be acknowledged by him and on the same hand, turn around and use the name of Joe Williams' Mike, as an example for your cause despite the many requests of the family for you not to do so? How could you print Mike's name in your anti-war advertisement in the newspaper even after seeing the grief and effort his mother went through to go to Crawford to personally remove it from your cross. You knew it caused them pain.

Mike died honorably and his father, a Vietnam vet is very proud of him. He believed in what he was doing, just like Casey. How could you bring so much pain to the Williams family and so much pain to a nation because of your own anger?

Cindy, how can you do this to your kids who don't know how to explain your actions to anyone here in town? They went through a lot last summer and still are.

The hours, days and weeks following Casey's death were emotionally gut wrenching as many of us with children, husbands, wives, friends and other loved ones in the military comforted you while living with the fears for our own loved ones over there. Everyone went above and beyond because we all believed and still believe in how very right, honorable and courageous our loved ones are in their mission to keep America safe.

We all went through considerable anguish when Casey died and I suspect none moreso than you. But how can you justify your anguish and place it on a higher level than that of Joe Williams?

The treatment you've returned to everyone is inexcusable. Placing Mike Williams' name on a cross despite the family's objections was unforgiveable and the reaction of Mike's mother when she saw it was heartbreaking.

What you are doing to neighbors, to friends, Casey's battle buddies and to a nation of people who are having to relieve the ugly pain of the late 60s and the 70s is unfair.

This is about you, Cindy. Not about anyone else. When you turn your back on your neighbors, your friends, your family and act in this manner, it only evidences that there is no consideration toward anyone or anything else.

Finally, and most disturbing, how can you support a group that supported John Kerry, who on April 7th, on National Public Radio stated that Al Sadr had a "legitimate voice" and that the Coalition (including your son) should not have closed down his newspaper after he called for the deaths of U.S. troops.

You know better than anyone else, Casey was killed in Sadr City by the Al Sadr militants. How can you join ranks with those who support the terrorist who called for the death of your son?

Its beyond me, Cindy, and something I suspect, someday in the future, you'll look back on and with considerable pain.

We don't want that for you. I believe you need to sit down and think about it long and hard. You are bringing so much pain to this nation and its people.

Linda
    We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Political views got her a slap on the wrist by a liberal judge. Any other person wouldv'e gotten a heavier punishment.

The women, calling their campaign "Women Say No To War," had hoped to give the petition to Peggy Kerry, the mission's liaison for non-governmental organizations and sister of Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., as they had in 2005.

Kerry refused to meet with the women in the presence of Cindy Sheehan and the news media. She testified during the trial that the presentation seemed like a publicity stunt.
    Also I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as ANY Kerry that didn't like a political publicity stunt. Must be his adopted sister, because I think the Kennedy and Kerry family trees started in the same pile of shit.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Oh well, I hope the anticipation of what may happen at trial caused her some heartburn, at least... Plus those stupid pictures

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information