Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Growler is offline I is not happy
    Verified LEO

Men being Raped..

Rapist preys on men in Houston area
    Staff and agencies
    18 December, 2006

By JOE STINEBAKER, Associate Press Writer 19 minutes ago

HOUSTON - A rapist who preys on young men has struck five times in the Houston area since mid-September, and police said Monday there may be even more victims, but they are too ashamed to come forward.

"I wish we had a link between the victims, because we might have a better chance of catching him," said Lt. Richard Whitaker of the police department in Baytown, where took of the attacks took place. "We don‘t have any affirmative links at all."

Investigators believe that rape is the motive, even though some victims were robbed. DNA testing is under way in an effort to identify the attacker.

"I think he just sees one that he prefers, and then he begins to follow them and gather information, finding out where they live and watching their house," Whitaker said.

The victims have all been men in their late teens.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Wow... So it's not just women that need to worry about being stalked and raped anymore.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

ninjamom is offline Officer First Class
    PR, did you make a trip to Houston recently?
    "Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill." - My Dad

Nine out of ten voices in my head say, "Pull the trigger."

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Wow... So it's not just women that need to worry about being stalked and raped anymore.

Ducky, I have been getting screwed for years by my bosses.

Now that the insensitive comment has come out, it makes me wonder how hard this is going to be persued and what is going to be the public reaction.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Now that the insensitive comment has come out, it makes me wonder how hard this is going to be persued and what is going to be the public reaction.
    Probably pretty hard, as this is someone strong enough to overpower young guys and take them by force. It's particularly violent, as you KNOW most guys would fight as hard as they could. Public reaction... if it keeps going on very long, it'll be fear. Thing is, there's no telling how long it's been going on already, because as stated, a LOT of guys would be even more horrified of coming forward than they would be over the incident itself. I'd say unless they sought medical treatment, it's likely to go unreported.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson

phoenixrose is offline Firebrand
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjamom View Post
    PR, did you make a trip to Houston recently?
    The way those guys were dressed....OMG...they were ASKING for it...and, I don't recall there being any complaints at the time. I just don't see what all this hullabaloo is about.

Our society is SICK! If that happened to my son....I'd be ready to hunt down the SOB about now.

Rape is a crime of violence, whether the victim is male or female.

And at this point, I'm going to refrain from further sarcastic comment on how rape has been, and ocassionally still is, treated, when the victim is female.
    Last edited by phoenixrose; 12-18-06 at 10:46 PM.
    phoenixrose
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If the sex scene doesn't make you want to do it - whatever it is they're doing - it hasn't been written right.~~~Sloan Wilson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WHAT canary?"

Cst.SB is offline Officer First Class

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Fight hard at first? Depends if you bought them a drink or not in advance.
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cst.SB View Post
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixrose View Post
    The way those guys were dressed....OMG...they were ASKING for it...and, I don't recall there being any complaints at the time. I just don't see what all this hullabaloo is about.

Our society is SICK! If that happened to my son....I'd be ready to hunt down the SOB about now.

Rape is a crime of violence, whether the victim is male or female.

And at this point, I'm going to refrain from further sarcastic comment on how rape has been, and ocassionally still is, treated, when the victim is female.
    Oh Jesus... Where to start... Rape is a crime of violence? ITS A SEX CRIME!!!!! If it was a crime of violence the rapist would not be putting a sexual organ into an orifice for SEXUAL pleasure. Not to mention form crimes of violence you don't usually cum.....

Rape victims are BENT OVER BACKWARDS FOR! Despite the fact that MOST reported rapes are FALSE!

But you must treat them all like the real deal.

There is a lot of BS feminists say about how rape victims are treated. Yet they will NEVER see the other side of the issue.

Maybe "most" is a little bit over the top, but I'd say 45 to 50%

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I think someone needs to be transferred to the Sex Crimes unit.

Anyone who thinks that being raped is a pleasurable experience simply does not get it at all.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    I think someone needs to be transferred to the Sex Crimes unit.

Anyone who thinks that being raped is a pleasurable experience simply does not get it at all.

WHO THE HELL SAID THAT? The rapist is the one getting pleasure making it a SEXUAL CRIME. Guess what? SEX CRIMES unit, SEX OFFENSE.

No one ever in this thread said the victim enjoyed it......

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    "Freeze motherfucker!"
    "Oh, god, please don't shoot me. I'm naked."
    "Drop your coat and grab your toes."
    "What?"
    "I'm gonna show you where the wild goose goes."

"I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

I am the survivor of an home invasion/sexual assault.

A stranger kicked down my front door...it was ripped off the hinges, and completely off the frame. I was raped repeatedly in my own home over the course of three hours.

(By the way, the next time you hear that phrase "repeatedly," that means the rapist can't keep it up.)

I was then barricaded in my own closet while my apartment was ransacked. After I heard him leave, I tried to start pushing my way out of the closet. (He had propped a chair under the door knob) Just when I thought I had managed to get the chair loose, he came back for a second load. I waited for what seemed like an eternity after he left the second time before trying to get out again.

Even though he said he would kill me if I called the police, I called 911. The operator took my info, and then hung up. (I found out later it was dispatched as a "report" call.) Lucky for me, the officer decided to swing by before stopping for a cup of coffee, as no sooner had I been hung up on by the 911 operator, he walked back in the doorway. He had showered and changed his clothes. He asked my if I called the police, and I said yes....waiting for him to kill me...he turned and left. The officer was walking up to my door, and walked right past him...he was expecting to take a report on a "cold" crime, and had not been given any suspect descriptions.

They arrested him a week later. He had left one clear fingerprint on the chair he used to prop up my front door while he was in my apartment. He had two priors for sexual assault, but those victims refused to testify. One was a 13 year old girl he abducted and raped at gunpoint.

The DA's office put the burden on me to go for aggravated sexual assault, as I had to convince the judge I was in fear for my life. He was found guilty, and sentenced to 40 years, and required to serve at least 1/3 of that time before being eligible for parole. (Probably sometime next year)

Are there people that lie about being raped? Yes, and they should be prosecuted.

Are there people that have been raped and never reported it? Yeah, too many. We had a sexual predator here that would drug young Marines and rape them while they were unconscious. 2 of them had the courage to come forward and he was finally caught. He had tapes.

Rapists get sexual gratification by committing acts of violence against their victims. So it's a sex crime of violence.

And thank you again Houston PD, for the dedication and determination you brought to my case, and for always treating me with utmost dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    I am the survivor of an home invasion/sexual assault.

A stranger kicked down my front door...it was ripped off the hinges, and completely off the frame. I was raped repeatedly in my own home over the course of three hours.

(By the way, the next time you hear that phrase "repeatedly," that means the rapist can't keep it up.)

I was then barricaded in my own closet while my apartment was ransacked. After I heard him leave, I tried to start pushing my way out of the closet. (He had propped a chair under the door knob) Just when I thought I had managed to get the chair loose, he came back for a second load. I waited for what seemed like an eternity after he left the second time before trying to get out again.

Even though he said he would kill me if I called the police, I called 911. The operator took my info, and then hung up. (I found out later it was dispatched as a "report" call.) Lucky for me, the officer decided to swing by before stopping for a cup of coffee, as no sooner had I been hung up on by the 911 operator, he walked back in the doorway. He had showered and changed his clothes. He asked my if I called the police, and I said yes....waiting for him to kill me...he turned and left. The officer was walking up to my door, and walked right past him...he was expecting to take a report on a "cold" crime, and had not been given any suspect descriptions.

They arrested him a week later. He had left one clear fingerprint on the chair he used to prop up my front door while he was in my apartment. He had two priors for sexual assault, but those victims refused to testify. One was a 13 year old girl he abducted and raped at gunpoint.

The DA's office put the burden on me to go for aggravated sexual assault, as I had to convince the judge I was in fear for my life. He was found guilty, and sentenced to 40 years, and required to serve at least 1/3 of that time before being eligible for parole. (Probably sometime next year)

Are there people that lie about being raped? Yes, and they should be prosecuted.

I FULLY agree with you on this, for every false report out there, it just makes it that much harder for true victims to come forward for fear that people won't believe them! Unfortunately they are rarely prosecuted

Are there people that have been raped and never reported it? Yeah, too many. Yep, which is why I honestly believe this topic should be covered in High School health classes. What to do if you are a victim, what not to do etc. We had a sexual predator here that would drug young Marines and rape them while they were unconscious. 2 of them had the courage to come forward and he was finally caught. He had tapes.

Rapists get sexual gratification by committing acts of violence against their victims. So it's a sex crime of violence.

But its still a sex crime. That's the bottom line.

And thank you again Houston PD, for the dedication and determination you brought to my case, and for always treating me with utmost dignity.
    Sounds like they totally fucked up. That shows a total lack of training on the dispatchers part. I'm glad that the rapist was caught, and I hope you are doing well. I can't imagine the emotional trauma you have been through.

I'm sorry to hear about your story and I admire your ability to share your story. It reminds me why I do this job.

Dudleydoright is offline Officer First Class
    PDawg,
    I'm sorry this has happened to you. I hope that you were able to get appropriate counseling and are now doing ok. You are one gutsy lady. Thanks for sharing your story.

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    I got a rude awakening about rape a few years ago when I found out a close personal female friend of mine had been raped- violently- a few years before I had met her.

Guys need to remember that statistically speaking 1 in 6 women are the victims of some type of sexual assault. Think of 6 women you know: sisters, mothers, daughters, friends. The odds are that one of them had been sexually assaulted at one point in their life.

PDawg, I hate that happened to you. I hope the next person that happens to keeps a peppergun in their closet and blows the nutsack off the next dirtbag that tries something like that.

I am also annoyed by the callous approach to rape I've seen. Yes, many of the reports we take may be false. But we can't afford to take the call so casually. If it's false, then it will be found out eventually. But to give the victim of such a crime the impression that we don't believe them is despicable. Because it's that kind of attitude why so many women go without reporting the rape.

Guys need to understand that a rape is a humiliating expierence for the victim and to treat it dismissively only makes it worse.

Fellow officers, please treat every rape call like it's your mother, sister, or daughter. Be there for the victim and do your best to comfort them. If it is found out during the course of your investigation that they made it up, then handle it accordingly. But don't be so dismissive at the scene.

Sorry if I am preaching to the choir, but this is a sensitive subject with me.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Rapists don't rape for sexual pleasure.

Not entirely, or often anyway.

It's normally for power.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Sounds like they totally fucked up. That shows a total lack of training on the dispatchers part. I'm glad that the rapist was caught, and I hope you are doing well. I can't imagine the emotional trauma you have been through.

I'm sorry to hear about your story and I admire your ability to share your story. It reminds me why I do this job.
    Thank you IronMan...it's one of the reasons I do this job as well.

It's one of the reasons I admire police officers too. Their determination to catch the guy was amazing, and the support they gave me will never be forgotten.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-14-09, 05:02 AM

Thread Information