Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

Angry I was hoping I'd never have to respond to this but...

I've been in Crime Scene Unit now for about 2 months. I've responded to numerous homicides since then...but this one so far has to be the worst one. (FYI, The news as usual rarely gets all the facts right...the body was recovered on Mon. morning at 1 am and not Tues morning..CAN"T FREAKING STAND THE MEDIA)

Anyways, I was on-call Sun. and into Monday morning (until 8:30a) when I received a call from my partner at around 1 am Monday that we had another homicide. my partner advises me that the victim was a baby and that it was body parts. At first it didnt register cause i was still half asleep. then as I was getting dressed and getting ready, it started to register. As i got into my vehicle and started to head into the location, about a 15 min. drive with lights and sirens, I was thinking to myself how I was gonna prepare myself for this one. When I finally get to the scene, my partner brings me to different areas of the Waste Transfer station, where the parts of the baby were located. When i first saw one body part, it looked like a doll, then as I stared at it longer, I started to see a human being. Now I'm thinking to myself, who and why in the world would anyone do this to an innocent precious human being!!!!
    i just can't put into words how I'm feeling about this..VERY DIFFICULT...ITS MORE THAN ANGER!!!

What really gets me even more is that my wife and i have been trying to have a baby for the last 2 years (which we are finally blessed with..expecting our first in April). People who really want kids sometimes have difficult time having them and yet these bastards have no problem having numerous kids and then either abuse them and/or killed them.

THESE SCUMS OF THE EARTH NEED TO BE STOPPED!

I really hope I never have to witness another one of these homicides but I know that's unrealistic.

Sorry for the long rant.

Body parts of baby found in Newark Found at garbage transfer station

Eyewitness News
    (Newark - WABC, December 19, 2006) - Another baby was found dumped in the trash Tuesday.

This time, sanitation workers found a baby's body parts at a garbage transfer station.
    The medical examiner says the body parts belong to a baby, no older than six months old.

The discovery was found at the Newark garbage transfer station.

Eyewitness News reporter Jeff Pegues has details from Newark.

Now begins the search for the person responsible. Law enforcement officials in Essex County say they are trying to find the baby's killer.

Here's what we know so far. The remains were found from the Newark garbage transfer station around 1 a.m.

The medical examiner says the baby was female, white or Hispanic. Officials say the baby was no older than six months old.

By going public, law enforcement officials are hoping someone will see the report and have some sort of information leading to the killer of the baby.

Police say the killer may be difficult to track down because they must determine where the trash the baby was found in came from. They say that is a daunting task because the station accepts trash from parts of northern New Jersey and New York City.

"I think it's very important [to have the public's help], because right now we're having difficulty identifying these remains," said Judy Gagliano, of the Essex County Prosecutor's Office. "So we rely on the public to help us determine who this baby was."

Police say they are reviewing missing persons cases. The cause of death has not yet been determined.

(Copyright 2006 WABC-TV)

News Video
    Last edited by Resident Smart Ass; 12-20-06 at 08:54 AM.
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    Peace be with you NJPD....heres to hoping you find your way back to the light of day...and the worthless piece of filth responsible for this attrocity finds the hot end of a poker directly in their cranium

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by njpd View Post
    Sorry for the long rant
    You don't have to apologize for anything, njpd. Sometimes it helps to talk about it. I don't know what, if anything, I can say that will make you feel better. Just know that many, including myself, are greatful for what you do. Try to find comfort in the fact that she's in a much better place now and will never be forgotten because you won't let that happen.

On a happier note, congratulations on your soon to be bundle of joy!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by trooper_hopeful_51 View Post
    Peace be with you NJPD....heres to hoping you find your way back to the light of day...and the worthless piece of filth responsible for this attrocity finds the hot end of a poker directly in their cranium
    Thanks

the hot end of a poker directly in their cranium
    I think that's being too easy on the filth
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimebytes2 View Post
    You don't have to apologize for anything, njpd. Sometimes it helps to talk about it. I don't know what, if anything, I can say that will make you feel better. Just know that many, including myself, are greatful for what you do. Try to find comfort in the fact that she's in a much better place now and will never be forgotten because you won't let that happen.

On a happier note, congratulations on your soon to be bundle of joy!

hey thanks.

Yeah the guys at work have been helping me out.

I really don't want to talk to my wife about this, although she knows about it, but the fact that she's caring a child would not be something she really wants to discuss anyway.

and thanks for the Congrats

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

Do you have Peer Support?

Hugs and congrats NJPD....my thoughts and prayers to you and your team.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Gatekeeper is offline Enjoy your stay
    Sorry you have to endure those images in your head. Make sure you do talk, rant, or even punch a wall. Post Tramatic stress is nothing to f around with. I know, I experienced it as a volunteer firefighter, and again while expecting our first child. We had complications, and the baby was born 3 months early. She is a beautiful and healthy 7 year old.
    Best wishes to you and your wife on your upcoming birth, and be sure to take care of yourself.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Take care and find some peace, NJPD.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    People are animals. Worse than animals.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

bikecop3141 is offline Officer First Class
    I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone here when I say feel free to vent. That kind of thing doesn't need to be bottled up, but like you said the details don't need to go home either. I hope and pray ya'll catch the POS that would do this.

Also, congrats on yours on the way!!

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    Stay Strong Brother. But don't be afraid to talk if you need to. You have many people here that would be will ing to lend an ear. Myself included!

drillsgt98th is offline NY C.O.
    Thats Why We Are All Here Brother. To Support One Another. Never Apologize For Your Words..they Are Obviously From Your Heart. And We Feel Your Pain. AND I BELEIVE THATS WHY WE TAKE LAW ENFORCEMENT JOBS. TO HELP RID THE WORLD OF THESE ANIMALS. YOU KEEP CUFFIN,EM AND ILL KEEP STUFFIN,EM.God Bless And Happy Holidays To You And Yours.

WHO NEEDS C.E.R.T.??...WHEN YOU HAVE US S.H.U. OFFICERS DOIN IT EVERY DAY!

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    We are dealing with a similar case right now, Jersey. Blows my mind that people are walking and breathing the same air I do, and have the ability to do what makes me gag to think about. Keep the family and friends close for awhile, brother. You may be good for a bit, but this can sneak up on you and tear you up if you don't watch for it.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

TXCOP is offline Officer First Class
    Brother, I can't imagine the horror.

But on a happy note, I know the joy of being a father. May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He lift up His face upon you and give you His peace.
    "Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you.
    He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night.
    The only thing clean on him is his weapon.
    He doesn't worry about what workout to do---his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
    The True Believer doesn't care "how hard it is"; he knows he either wins or he dies.
    He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home.
    He knows only the Cause.
    Now, who wants to quit?"

"I am only one, but I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do something. And because I can not do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do I should do. And what I should do, by the Grace of God, I will do."

Edward Everett Hale

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I did see that report on the news and I was horrified. As others have said, vent as much as you need to and take the support that is offered you.

And on a different note, congratulations on the upcoming birth.

Dudleydoright is offline Officer First Class
    I know where you're coming from NJ. I was assigned to Crime Scene for several years. Some scenes just get to you. And people wonder why we put a "wall" around ourselves. Talk it out bro.

Thread Information