Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

2 men pass themselves off as Doctors, then give "official" breast and pelvic exams

BROWNSVILLE, Texas (AP) - December 20, 2006 - Two men passed themselves off as doctors and performed pelvic, breast and other exams on female patients, according to an indictment.

Arthur Daniel Hayes, 56, was arrested Tuesday and was being held in lieu of $200,000 bail. The second man, whose name was not immediately released, had not been arrested by late Tuesday.

They are charged with practicing without a license, sexual assault and Medicaid fraud.

"They set up with what looked like a doctor's office. They wore doctors' coats. They presented themselves as doctors," Chuck E. Mattingly Jr., chief first assistant district attorney, told The Brownsville Herald.

Mattingly said the men opened clinics in two Brownsville suburbs and saw female patients.

A jail official said late Tuesday she did not know whether Hayes had an attorney.

armygrnt502 is offline Making my streets safer, one day at a time
    Verified LEO
    Ya know...buying the most recent girlie mag is a whole lot cheaper and keeps you out of jail.
    "Sometimes people need a little help. Sometimes people need to be forgiven. And sometimes they need to go to jail."

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    Wait, that's illegal???

Damn it, I paid a year-long lease on my fake doctor's office. What the hell am I supposed to do with it now?
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

Thread Information