Welcome to the APBWeb.
    E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO

Miss Nevada apologizes??? NOT

Probably another apology only based on the fact that she got de-throned, I dont think she is sorry for what she did...
    What do you think???

Ex-Miss Nevada USA Apologizes for Photos
    Saturday, December 23, 2006 4:02 PM EST
    The Associated Press
    By MATT SEDENSKY

MIAMI (AP) — The former Miss Nevada USA, dethroned over raunchy photos posted online, apologized Saturday as her attorney pleaded for the pageant queen to be given a second chance.

Katie Rees, who appeared in photos revealing a breast, exposing her thong underwear and kissing other young women at a party in Tampa, said her behavior was an "isolated incident."

"I am so sorry this happened," she said at a news conference in Clearwater, reading a prepared statement. "So many of us don't realize how our actions, even one night of poor judgment, can affect the rest of our lives."

Her attorney, Mario Torres of Tampa, asked that Miss Universe Organization co-owner Donald Trump grant Rees the same opportunity he gave Miss USA Tara Conner, who was allowed to keep her tiara after she tearfully admitted drinking as a minor at New York nightclubs. The Miss Universe Organization owns the Miss USA pageant and others.

"He always believes in second chances," Torres said of Trump. "We are asking for that and plead that he answer our call, allow us to meet with him and allow us to defend ourselves."

A Miss Universe spokeswoman has said organization president Paula Shugart made the decision to strip Rees of her title and Trump supported it. An e-mail sent to a secretary for Trump was not immediately answered Saturday.

Shugart has said first runner-up Helen Salas will assume the Miss Nevada title and compete at the next Miss USA pageant on March 23 in Los Angeles.

The person who posted the pictures of Rees should "in some way be held accountable," said Torres, adding that could involve legal action.

The photographer, a friend of Rees, was not identified.

Torres had previously said the photos of his client were taken when she was 17, but said Saturday they were taken three years ago, when she was 19.

"These images were from an isolated incident during my teenage years, long before my consideration to compete in the Miss USA program," Rees said. "While I take full responsibility for the photographs, I just want everyone to know the truth: This incident does not represent who I am."

Rees and Conner are not the only pageant queens whose behavior has been questioned lately. On Wednesday, Mothers Against Drunk Driving announced it was severing ties with Miss Teen USA Katie Blair over news reports that the 18-year-old from Billings, Mont., had been spotted partying with Miss USA in New York clubs.
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious
    Ya know those spring break trips and the sudden urge to be on Girls gone wild after too many shots in those funny colored tube thingies will get ya every time!

where are the pics

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    Katie Rees, who appeared in photos revealing a breast, exposing her thong underwear and kissing other young women at a party in Tampa, said her behavior was an "isolated incident."
    This doesn't sound so different from what they do in the pageant itself.

Emily is offline Corporal
    Have you SEEN the pictures?

Can't get more trashier than her.

DirtRoadDeputy is offline La-Z-Boy Test Pilot
    Speeder: Why don't you give me a warning instead of a ticket.
    DirtRoadDeputy: Your RADAR detector was your warning!

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Have you SEEN the pictures?

Can't get more trashier than her.
    Trashy or just being an experimental teen and a hot one at that...
    That begs for another serious question especially for us with kids...
    WHAT THE FUK is it with the girls these days and their NEED TO EXPERIMENT and KISS OTHER CHICKS???
    I know that is hot and sexy foir us guys and THAT is the problem, horny older guys {37 is old to a 20 y.o.} but why in the world do 90% of all girls that go out NEED TO KISS other chicks. Ever see the college videos on Break or the other video sites??
    Whats up girlies?
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Thread Information