Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    FTL_Ian is offline Professional Iconoclast

"Self-proclaimed best narcotics officer in the country" joins LEAP!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061222/..._s_drug_tips_2

TYLER, Texas - A one-time Texas drug agent described by a former boss as perhaps the best narcotics officer in the country plans to begin selling a video that shows people how to conceal their drugs and fool police.

Barry Cooper, who once worked for police departments in Gladewater and Big Sandy and the Permian Basin Drug Task Force, plans to launch a Web site next week where he will sell his video, "Never Get Busted Again," the Tyler Morning Telegraph reported in its online edition Thursday.

A promotional video says Cooper will show viewers how to "conceal their stash," "avoid narcotics profiling" and "fool canines every time."

Cooper, who said he favors the legalization of marijuana, made the video in part because he believes the nation's fight against drugs is a waste of resources. Busting marijuana users fills up prisons with nonviolent offenders, he said.

"My main motivation in all of this is to teach Americans their civil liberties and what drives me in this is injustice and unfairness in our system," Cooper told the newspaper.

Cooper said his Web site should be operating by Tuesday, and he plans to publicize the video in a full-page advertisement in a national publication.

As a drug officer, Cooper said, he made more than 800 drug arrests and seized more than 50 vehicles and $500,000 in cash and assets.

"He was even better than he says he was," said Tom Finley, Cooper's former boss on a West Texas drug task force and now a private investigator in Midland. "He was probably the best narcotics officer in the state and maybe the country during his time with the task force."

News of the video has angered authorities, including Richard Sanders, an agent with the Tyler Drug Enforcement Agency. Sanders said he plans to investigate whether the video violates any laws.

"It outrages me personally as I'm sure it does any officer that has sworn an oath to uphold the laws of this state, and nation," Sanders said. "It is clear that his whole deal is to make money and he has found some sort of scheme, but for him to go to the dark side and do this is infuriating."

Smith County Deputy Constable Mark Waters, a narcotics officer, said the video is insulting to law enforcement officials, especially when it was made by an ex-police officer.

"It's an embarrassment to all law enforcement officers across the United States, who put their life on the line everyday," Waters said. "This is a slap in the face to all that we do to uphold the laws and keep the public safe."
    Free Talk Live : Talk Radio YOU Control
    http://freetalklive.com

About Barry:

http://www.nevergetbusted.com/about.php

Barry Cooper brings excitement and energy to any room he inhabits. His bold “in your face” style of teaching is always incorporated with humor. Barry uses this charismatic humor to capture his audience as he passionately speaks about injustices and prejudices. Barry seems to enjoy the
    “shock and awe” reactions he gains from his audience by addressing these sensitive issues.
    Barry is an eight year veteran beginning his Texas law enforcement career as a police dispatcher for the Gladewater Police Department. He was soon hired by the Big Sandy Police Department where he trained his own narcotic detector dog and soon became one of the top highway interdiction officers in East Texas. Although Barry had less than five miles of highway to practice seizing narcotics, he held a county record of nearly one- hundred drug arrests and a record marijuana seizure.

Barry was quickly recognized and contacted by the Permian Basin Drug Task Force located in Odessa, Texas which had jurisdiction in nineteen surrounding counties. Here Barry received extensive training and worked joint operations with the ATF, DEA, FBI, U.S. Military and Border Patrol. Barry is well trained in all interdiction methods including undercover operations, reversal operations, search warrants, K-9's, traffic stops and public transportation narcotics interdiction (buses and airplanes.)

Barry's talents were soon noticed and he began traveling the State of Texas teaching narcotics interdiction classes to various police academies and agencies. The standard agreement between Barry and the host agency was to pay wages and all expenses for a two or three day class which included an eight hour shift of Barry demonstrating his interdiction skills. If Barry failed to make a drug arrest in the eight hour shift, he forfeited all monies and the class was free. Barry never had to give any money back!

Barry carries the same confidence in his instructional DVD...if a customer is not 100% satisfied with their purchase the customer gets a full refund including postage.

After two years with the Permian Basin Drug Task Force, Barry was contacted by his earlier employer, Gladewater Police Department, to become head of their narcotics division. Barry's desire to return home and bring his training back to East Texas resulted in a two year stint with the G.P.D. where Barry once again became the leading drug enforcement officer.

Political pressures including arresting the mayor's son for methamphetamine, a city councilman for marijuana, and outperforming the DEA and local task force caused Barry to quit law enforcement and become a successful entrepreneur. During his career, Barry had accumulated an impressive record of over 300 felony narcotics arrests, 500 misdemeanor narcotics arrests, the seizure of over fifty vehicles and approximately 1/2 million in cash and assets.

Barry is the former owner of three car dealerships, a tire shop, a limousine service, a mixed martial arts company (cage fighting) and finally CEO of NEVERGETBUTSTED.COM.

More and more Law Enforcement Officers are seeing the light and joining Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

What does Barry know that you don't? Find out:
    http://leap.cc

CountyFourteen is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Just goes to show that money can corrupt some people and that some people become cops who shouldn't.....
    Any Post I make is my opinion only!
    I do not have the authority or the permission to post for my Sheriff's Office.

Verified LEO
    and I guess to answer your question ian, barry knows that money talks to him...he also knows he wasn't a good cop and got out......at least I can credit him for that

Quote Originally Posted by CountyFourteen View Post
    Just goes to show that money can corrupt some people and that some people become cops who shouldn't.....
    I'm working on getting Barry on the show. I'll be sure to post when he'll be on here so you can call and accuse him of being "corrupt".

Verified LEO
    I didn't say he was corrupt, guess you like putting words into peoples mouths.....I just said money talks to him.....or is his video free??? and that I credit him for leaving the police force..........lol
    Last edited by CountyFourteen; 12-27-06 at 11:36 AM.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Where does it say he joined LEAP?
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

http://leap.cc/Speakers/speakerbio.p...Barry%20Cooper

Barry Cooper

Special Investigator, Permian Basin Drug Task Force, Texas
    "I am so sorry for destroying lives in this 'War.'"

Barry Cooper's eight-year police career centered around perpetuating the "War on Drugs." He was directly responsible for over 800 drug arrests in a five-year period. Barry worked joint operations with the ATF, DEA, FBI, and Border Patrol. He trained narcotics dogs. He was the head of a narcotics division. He taught drug-interdiction classes at police academies all over Texas. But now Barry admits, "My conscience told me I was doing wrong raiding houses and destroying families; but my need for fame, attention, and the approval of my peers overcame my good conscience."

It was not that simple. Part of the reason Barry was such a stanch "drug warrior" was, like most people in the United States, he had believed much of the misinformation about drugs--or, in his words, "propaganda"--that the government has circulated. After quitting the police force Barry, "researched the truth about the effects illicit drugs have on people--and learned I had been lied to most my life." Barry has seen from the inside that the "War on Drugs" is as much of a logistical failure as it is a conceptual one. "There are more people in jail for drugs than ever before--but more drugs available than ever before," he observes. "The side effects of the drug laws are usually worse than the drugs' own side effects." He also cites hypocrisy as another staple of prohibition. "The US government was busted for smuggling cocaine during the Iran/Contra affair, yet the same government imprisons American citizens for the same thing. It's just not fair."

In the decade since his law-enforcement days, Barry has turned so completely against the "War on Drugs" that he is now CEO of NeverGetBusted.com, which sells a DVD designed to help drug users stay out of jail. When he discovered LEAP Barry's reaction was, "I was in tears, thrilled to see other law-enforcement officers sorry for how they treated others."

(emphasis added)

Verified LEO
    geez louise......what drivel

Verified LEO
    oh and changed the one post...wasn't paying attention I guess, lol changed from free book to free video, lol

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    crooked i smell a crooked cop. someone who doesnt take their oath to serious. btw just cause your boss thought you were the best thing since sliced bread doesnt make you the best narcotic cops in the country.... There is the commercialization on america for ya Ian. Goes to show that cops arnt paid well and do stupid things to make money. Wow I know how to make meth and grow premo bud but most of all I know how to get away with killing people and not have Grissom figure it out.....Im gonna cut a book deal and get out of LE. IMO I see 9 certs from this guy on his web page. dont look like no top cop to me, Hell I have more certs so i guess im a topper copper..

Verified LEO
    hmmm it probably was a good idea for him to make a video....just proves that there is a sucker born every minute theory, he will take peoples money unless the video is free....and good cops will still bust the suckers who bought (if not free) video with legal searches....

Terminator is offline BANNED
    This turncoat cop is not someone who has "seen the light." I would guess he had major issues with the agencies he worked for, and couldn't cut it, for one reason or another. Then, since he knew a lot about narcotics, he sezied the moment, and the cash potential. Hope you sleep well at night knowing you're cashing in, by helping criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    This turncoat cop is not someone who has "seen the light." I would guess he had major issues with the agencies he worked for, and couldn't cut it, for one reason or another. Then, since he knew a lot about narcotics, he sezied the moment, and the cash potential. Hope you sleep well at night knowing you're cashing in, by helping criminals.
    LOL! He's a "turncoat" because he figured out that what he was doing was hurting people? Because he realized that drug users aren't criminals, but that their behaviour has been wrongly criminalized? I hope you call in when and if we get him on, Terminator.

I absolutely WILL call in to your show, if you get Benedict Arnold on air.

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    Hell fscf has prolly made more busts and has more certs than that turncoat... I vote FSCF top cop....even though hes a fed.

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    One time only here are my stats

Meth: 3.82 grams
    (illegal aliens): 4 in a truck tractor
    Shrooms:60 grams
    Marijuana:1026 pounds
    Ecstacy:275,000 tabs
    Herion: 4 grams
    Cocaine: 5.26 grams
    Powdered Ecstacy:137 pounds (87% purity, could make about 60 million tabs of Ecstacy depending on how they cut it)
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

There you have it ladies and gentleman. Our own LEF Mod, FSCF3801, is the best Narcotics agent in the country.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fscf3801 View Post
    One time only here are my stats

Meth: 3.82 grams
    (illegal aliens): 4 in a truck tractor
    Shrooms:60 grams
    Marijuana:1026 pounds
    Ecstacy:275,000 tabs
    Herion: 4 grams
    Cocaine: 5.26 grams
    Powdered Ecstacy:137 pounds (87% purity, could make about 60 million tabs of Ecstacy depending on how they cut it)
    Keeping precise stats of your lifetime drug haul: Priceless.

Those are pretty amazing stats. Especially the 1,026 pounds of marijuana! Talk about pulling more than your own weight!

So who keeps these records--you or your agency? Do you have an intranet where you can log in and see your own and others' drug bust stats, and taunt and brag to each other in friendly competition? Or do you keep your own Excel spreadsheet into which you dutifully add each new bust?
    Last edited by Jenna; 12-27-06 at 12:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information