Welcome to the APBWeb.
    E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO

Pgh. P.D. officer shot....

This occured in Pittsburgh last night. Lets hope he recovers very soon and she needs some hospital time..

Undercover officer shot, wounded in West Oakland
    Thursday, January 04, 2007

By Moustafa Ayad, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

An undercover Pittsburgh vice squad detective was shot last night while chasing a suspected prostitute who was trying to run from the officer and his partner.

John Heller, Post-Gazette
    Members of the city's SWAT team examine a map last night at Wyandotte Street and Fifth Avenue in West Oakland as they search for a suspect in the shooting of a city police officer.
    Click photo for larger image.

The wounded officer, Detective Jeffrey Smith, was in good condition last night at Mercy Hospital with a gunshot wound to the side of his abdomen, said Police Chief Nate Harper, who visited with the 23-year police veteran and his wife at the hospital.

The shooting occurred about 8:30 p.m on De Ruad Street in West Oakland, just below the Hill District.

A suspect was taken into custody later in the evening and was being questioned by detectives at police headquarters, Chief Harper said.

Chief Harper gave this account of the shooting:

Detective Smith and his unidentified partner picked up the prostitute on Fifth Avenue, posing as customers.

The two officers and the woman drove a short distance and offered the woman money in exchange for sex.

A short time later, when the two men identified themselves as police officers, the woman jumped out of the car and began running on Wyandotte Street.

The officers followed her to De Ruad Street, where Detective Smith got out of the car and began running after the woman. Just as he was about to catch her, Chief Harper said, the woman turned and shot him, then fled toward the Hill District.

Detective Smith was not wearing a bulletproof vest, Chief Harper said. He said officers usually do not wear one during such operations because they would be noticed by prostitutes.

Dozens of police responded to the scene and began combing the area, including parts of the Hill District and Oakland.

In addition to city detectives and the police Special Emergency Response Team, officers from the sheriff's department, Allegheny County police, Pittsburgh Housing Authority police and agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives assisted.

State police sent a helicopter to the scene.

Chief Harper said the wounded officer appeared to be doing well in the hospital.

"He's alert and in good condition," the chief said.
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Prayers enroute.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

kay88 is offline Sergeant
    My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family
    It's good they say that he's doing well though.
    Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Verified LEO

UPDATE on the shooting...

The female Ho that shot the detective is actually a SHIM!!!!

If I need to explain what a SHIM is, just ask

"Prostitute sought after cop was shot
    Friday, January 05, 2007

By Torsten Ove, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Wounded by an armed prostitute, Pittsburgh Detective Jeff Smith was recovering yesterday in his hospital bed while his colleagues searched the city for the woman -- or maybe the man -- who shot him in the Hill District on Wednesday night.

"He's coming along OK," said Assistant Chief Maurita Bryant. "His spirits are good."

Detective Smith, a 23-year veteran, was working undercover busting prostitutes on the Hill with his partner when he chased one and she shot him in the abdomen.

The bullet remains lodged in his side and doctors are contemplating surgery.

Police had made no arrests as of yesterday afternoon. They returned to the scene early yesterday morning to search for more witnesses and any additional evidence, but they didn't find the gun.

Several people were taken into custody after the shooting, said Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki, but they were wanted on outstanding warrants unrelated to the shooting.

He said police aren't sure if the prostitute, who was wearing a white wig, is a woman or a man dressed in drag.

Detective Smith and his partner, posing as customers, picked up the prostitute on Fifth Avenue.

The officers and the suspect drove a short distance and offered her money for sex. They then identified themselves as officers, but the woman jumped out and ran.

Detective Smith was running after her when she pulled a gun from her purse and fired.

Lt. William Mathias, head of narcotics and vice, said the incident was the first shooting by a prostitute that anyone on the force can remember.

Chief Bryant said Detective Smith, a longtime clerk for former Deputy Chief William Mullen who worked administrative assignments, came to her some time ago and said he was tired of administration and wanted to see "some action."

"Last night in the hospital," she joked, "I said, 'You have a lot of action now?' "
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Verified LEO

Puke thug shooter arrested.

Police arrest transvestite prostitute in officer's shooting
    Saturday, January 06, 2007

By Torsten Ove and Jim McKinnon, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Police were able to identify a transvestite prostitute accused of shooting an undercover detective in the Hill District Wednesday night after they scoured the streets and found his cell phone, which featured a screen-saver picture of him wearing a blonde wig.

William Anthony Scott, 20, of Bentley Drive in the Hill, was arraigned yesterday in the shooting of Detective Jeff Smith, who is recovering at Mercy Hospital and reportedly in good spirits.

Police said Mr. Scott pulled a gun from his purse and shot Detective Smith in the stomach during a chase.

Mr. Scott, who was also wanted in an unrelated case on charges of punching his mother, was being held yesterday in the Allegheny County Jail.

According to an affidavit, police identified Mr. Scott after Detective Kimberly Braddock found his cell phone on the street during a re-canvass of the scene Thursday morning.

After obtaining a search warrant for personal information from the phone, Detective Braddock used a law enforcement Web site to cross-reference a phone number she found under "Home" and came up with Mr. Scott's address.

"Also the screen saver of this cell phone had a picture of a black male or female with blonde hair, possibly a wig," the affidavit said. "When comparing a driver's license photograph of William Scott from the JNET Web site with the cell phone screen saver picture, it appeared to be the same person."

Detective Smith picked out the suspect from an array of police photographs. Detective Smith selected Mr. Scott "without hesitation," the affidavit said. Detectives showed a different array to Detective John McBurney, who also pointed out Mr. Scott.

On Wednesday night, police said Mr. Scott flagged down detectives Smith and McBurney, who were working an undercover sting. After a short ride, Mr. Scott agreed to perform a sex act for money, according to the affidavit.

On Moultrie Street, the predetermined location to make the arrest, Detective Smith identified himself as a cop and tried to apprehend Mr. Scott. But he jumped out, ran up Moultrie, across Forbes Avenue, up to Fifth Avenue, and then turned left and ran up a set of steps that lead to Deraud Street.

Detective Smith gave chase on foot while Detective McBurney followed in the car. Detective McBurney then picked up his partner, and the two caught up to Mr. Scott at the base of some steps at Deraud and Wyandotte streets, which lead up to Bentley.

Detective Smith jumped out at that point to grab Mr. Scott, who then pulled a gun and fired once, according to the affidavit.

A massive manhunt followed the shooting.

At about 3 a.m. Thursday, Allegheny County sheriff's deputies, along with city officers and agents from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, found Mr. Scott at a residence in the 1200 block of Church Street in McKees Rocks.

The sheriff's office said he was lying on a couch in the living room pretending to be asleep when he was apprehended.

A woman who lives at the address also was present and taken into custody for questioning. Investigators had not determined whether the woman will be charged with hindering Mr. Scott's apprehension.

During the dragnet, authorities rounded up 11 other suspects, all of them fugitives already being sought by police on charges related to drug trafficking, prostitution and assault.

Following his arraignment yesterday, television cameras captured Mr. Scott saying, "I'm sorry, officer."

Mr. Scott is charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault, reckless endangerment, escape and firearms violations.

He was also arraigned on charges stemming from a Sept. 30 incident in the Hill, at the home of his mother, Janice Scott. In that case, according to another affidavit, Janice Scott called police to remove her son, who was sleeping on her couch. Police told him to leave and a friend picked him up.

But police were later called back to the house after Janice said her son returned, climbed through her kitchen window, approached her as she sat on the couch and punched her in the face.

Preliminary hearings for both cases will be held Jan. 12 in Municipal Court.

AND they arrested 11 other people while looking for this turd.

RIP Eric

Thread Information