Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

Cheerleaders in Trouble - Principal Resigns

Cheerleaders Cause Trouble With MySpace Photos

School District Hires Attorney To Investigate

Some Dallas-area cheerleaders caused big trouble at their school when risque pictures of them turned up on MySpace.com.

The group of cheerleaders at McKinney North High School was known as the "Fab Five." The girls were "uber cool," according to attorney Harry Jones, who was hired by the school district to launch an investigation.

They were "telling teachers to shut up, using a cell phone in class even after being told not to, cheating on tests, skipping school," Jones said.

The pictures turned up on MySpace.com in September. The girls were drinking in some of them, NBC News' Michelle Kosinski reported. In another picture, girls posed in the cheerleading uniforms in a condom shop.

According to Jones' report, the girls were "smiling and holding candles shaped like male genitalia."

At the time, the girls were suspended, but never kicked off the cheerleading squad.

Jones said they felt they could intimidate and threaten anyone at the school in part because the principal, Linda Theret, was the mother of the squad's co-captain.

"Teachers were scared of them," Jones said. "I talked to a ... football coach who was teaching student council, and he was obviously scared of them. He had taught inner-city school kids in San Francisco and he said gang members were nothing compared to these girls."

In the wake of the investigation, Theret agreed to resign and the Fab Five are now off the cheerleading team.

Theret's attorney and some of the cheerleaders have been quoted as saying Jones' portrayal of them is unfair and overly harsh.
    But Jones' 70-page report blames Theret for protecting the girls, who also had support from their own parents.

"Kids will be kids, but adults have to be adults," Jones said.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    The teachers should have put the girls in their place.

Never could stand a fucking cheerleader in high school. Never could tolerate their attitude. A lot of guys were head over heals for them, me personally, I couldn't have cared less if they all walked off the face of the planet.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cntryboy0531 View Post
    The teachers should have put the girls in their place.

Never could stand a fucking cheerleader in high school. Never could tolerate their attitude. A lot of guys were head over heals for them, me personally, I couldn't have cared less if they all walked off the face of the planet.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

\\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

It looks like the Principal had first hand knowledge of the antics, but since her daughter was involved, she chose to do more then turn a blind eye.

It has to be really bad if the School Board hires a PI behind her back to investigate!

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist.

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    they should all be bitch slapped and set in a pile of dog shit to wrestle...
    lol
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Give 'em adult jail time. Think the bull dyke in the cell block could teach them all about life? I mean, come on. They want to act like adults, treat 'em like adults.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    They're suspended, one of their mothers loses her job, the football coach says they're scarier than gang kids, the school district hires an attorney to investigate them, and they make NBC news, just because they talk on cell phones in class and put naughty pictures of themselves on myspace? There's got to be more to this story. Maybe they're vampire slayers.

Last edited by Jenna; 01-04-07 at 10:59 PM.

PersiusOne is offline Patrol Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Give 'em adult jail time. Think the bull dyke in the cell block could teach them all about life? I mean, come on. They want to act like adults, treat 'em like adults.
    Hell yeah. Girls like that sure do grow-up quickly these days.

Mom should be disciplined also, for not doing the right job with her daughter.

The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency, Police Chief, or any other member or employee of my department or municipality.

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    They're suspended, one of their mothers loses her job, and a football coach considers them more scary than inner-city school kids in San Francisco, just because they talk on cell phones in class and put naughty pictures of themselves on myspace? There's got to be more to this story. Maybe they're secretly spying for Al Qaeda.
    Gee, lets see, last time I checked, the principal is an authority figure who along with her employees, (teachers) enforces rules. Parents don't want to deal with teaching their children respect and responsibility in their own home, combine that with a power position add some denial and see what the results are. These kids talked on cell phones in class, disrupting the classroom, clearly and proudly breaking the rules, (because they felt they could) disrespected the teachers, and the mother of one happens to be in charge of student and faculty. The greatest threat to many is their livelihood, surely you can understand the fear of losing your job, pension etc for trying to enforce rules and doing your job

Quote Originally Posted by OFK View Post
    The greatest threat to many is their livelihood, surely you can understand the fear of losing your job, pension etc for trying to enforce rules and doing your job
    Absolutly - the system has created that fear. I still try to educate the public (parents) with the law that allows them to discipline their children - so I do not have to raise the kids for them. Cant tell you how many calls I've been on when a kid dials 911 because a parent wants the kid to do homework, go to bed, eat dinner, etc - and actually *expects* the parent to get in trouble for spanking the child, because that's what they learn by the environment in our public school system. I usually end up telling the child if they dial 911 again because they do not agree with a parental decision, I'll come back out and watch while they get their spanking or whatever.

The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency, Police Chief, or any other member or employee of my department or municipality.

OFK
    Quote Originally Posted by PersiusOne View Post
    Absolutly - the system has created that fear. I still try to educate the public (parents) with the law that allows them to discipline their children - so I do not have to raise the kids for them. Cant tell you how many calls I've been on when a kid dials 911 because a parent wants the kid to do homework, go to bed, eat dinner, etc - and actually *expects* the parent to get in trouble for spanking the child, because that's what they learn by the environment in our public school system. I usually end up telling the child if they dial 911 again because they do not agree with a parental decision, I'll come back out and watch while they get their spanking or whatever.

You are much kinder than I. I tell, them, you called 911 for this BS? I will send you an officer and "someone" will get arrested.

The calls today it's ironic, the rp calls and the rp is the one who gets arrested

You are much kinder than I. I tell, them, you called 911 for this BS? I will send you an officer and "someone" will get arrested.

The calls today it's ironic, the rp calls and the rp is the one who gets arrested
    I'm already dispatched to the call before I have the chance to turn it down, usually
    ...Sure sets the mood for when I arrive onscene though! Yeah you're right - RP's get arrested quite a bit lol

OFK
    Quote Originally Posted by PersiusOne View Post
    I'm already dispatched to the call before I have the chance to turn it down, usually
    ...Sure sets the mood for when I arrive onscene though! Yeah you're right - RP's get arrested quite a bit lol
    The bestest one are the ones who are too drunk and think they are having car problems when they can' t start their car after spending 6 hours at the bar..They actually call the police or 911 for help. I am more than happy to oblige. And most domestic abuse intox rp's are the ones who end up arrested. People are just stooooopid lol

The bestest one are the ones who are too drunk and think they are having car problems when they can' t start their car after spending 6 hours at the bar..They actually call the police or 911 for help. I am more than happy to oblige. And most domestic abuse intox rp's are the ones who end up arrested. People are just stooooopid lol
    Hahaha! True - I also love the ones where someone calls to report theft when a drug deal goes bad. "He would not give me my crack when I gave him $20!"... I love the job security though

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    This story is worthless without pictures!!
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

CelticCop is offline The Dark Lord
    Right right... I'd have to agree Trojan.
    "Where's your towel Arthur?" -Ford Prefect

"You! On your knees!" -Green Jello

Some take delight in the carriages a rollin'
    and some take delight in the hurley and the bowlin',
    I take delight in the juice of the barley,
    and courtin' pretty fair maids in the morning bright and early...

"You are, without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of..." Cmdre. Norrington "Ah, but you have heard of me." Capt. Jack Sparrow

Warning my statements do not reflect the policies, procedures or views of my agency. As a matter of fact, they think I'm just as nuts as you do, so shove it and blow it out of your fart tube.

The only pics/clips I've seen with this story have been culled from some cheerleader movie, and Mom walking to her car.

I suppose those on myspace may be able to search for the pics that brought their kingdom down.

Cheech Guest
    SO lemme get this straight these high school girls who are cheerleaders are drinking and having sex?!?! OMFG ....

Thats what there suppose to do

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    They were "telling teachers to shut up, using a cell phone in class even after being told not to, cheating on tests, skipping school," Jones said.

Ive done all of the above. Plus worse

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information