Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.

New TASER C2 Personal Protector

New TASER C2 Personal Protector Debuts At Consumer Electronics Show
    Incorporates Revolutionary SureCheck Background Check Technology

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Jan. 8, 2007 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- TASER International, Inc. (Nasdaq:TASR), a market leader in advanced personal protection devices, today unveils the new TASER(r) C2 Personal Protector product line at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.

"The TASER C2 is the next generation in personal protection," said Tom Smith, Chairman of TASER International, Inc. "TASER International was founded to create safer personal protection alternatives, while utilizing technologies to maximize public safety and minimize the potential for misuse -- and the TASER C2 continues in that tradition."

The TASER C2 is the first device to incorporate a revolutionary new public safety background check technology called SureCheck(tm). With SureCheck, TASER C2 units are shipped in an inactivated state. They cannot be used until the end user successfully completes a background check from the privacy of their own home using a secure web site or a toll-free 800 number. After completing the background check, the user is issued an activation code unique to their serial number. Only after entering the activation code can the TASER C2 be operated.

"SureCheck is one more way TASER International is ensuring that our devices are properly used for self protection," added Smith. "The TASER C2 cartridge also continues to include our unique Anti-Felon Identification (AFID) program that disperses 20-30 serialized confetti whenever a TASER Cartridge is deployed, identifying the owner of the TASER system which has proved successful in deterring criminal use for the past 13 years."

The TASER C2 is available in a variety of colors -- Black Pearl, Titanium Silver, Electric Blue, and Metallic Pink. The unit also features a highly intuitive safety cover and trigger design that novice users can easily operate, yet protects the trigger from accidental activation to provide a safer, effective means of personal protection.

The new consumer-friendly design eliminates many of the high-end professional features such as dataport management, digital displays, and the TASER CAM interface, enabling the TASER C2 to be available at a lower cost. "We also we eliminated many of the high-end professional features such as dataport management, digital displays, and the TASER CAM interface, enabling us to make the TASER C2 available at a lower price point, starting as low as $299 while maintaining the effectiveness for which TASER products are known," continued Smith.

The TASER C2 package includes the TASER C2, a smaller and newly designed disposable TASER Cartridge, and training DVD. The TASER C2 has a 15-foot range and is available with or without integrated laser sight. First shipments are scheduled for April, 2007.

"We encourage interested people to stop by the Sands Convention Center booth #70805 at CES or visit www.TASER.com on Monday, January 8 for more information," concluded Smith.

http://www.taser.com

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    I'm impressed by the efforts they're taking to make sure that only good guys will buy and use tasers. But I still don't see why a civilian would carry a less-lethal weapon. As a civilian, if you're not justified in using deadly force, you should just be leaving the area. A taser seems to only really be useful in subduing a combative subject before putting handcuffs on, which civilians should not be doing.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

Some folks just can't kill.
    between you

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    I'm impressed by the efforts they're taking to make sure that only good guys will buy and use tasers. But I still don't see why a civilian would carry a less-lethal weapon. As a civilian, if you're not justified in using deadly force, you should just be leaving the area. A taser seems to only really be useful in subduing a combative subject before putting handcuffs on, which civilians should not be doing.

Anywhoooo

The same reason one might carry OC. Might one use the Taser to create running room? Maybe one has a religious objection to taking a life. I can think of a thousand reasons why someone would choose to carry one.

I carry a .357 though.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    Anywhoooo

The same reason one might carry OC. Might one use the Taser to create running room? Maybe one has a religious objection to taking a life. I can think of a thousand reasons why someone would choose to carry one.

I carry a .357 though.
    Works for me.

between you

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    Might one use the Taser to create running room?
    How much running room would you need to be out of the range of a bullet?

I don't get carrying OC either, but at least it only costs a few dollars. I don't see paying $1000 or more for a taser which will do absolutely no good against a guy with a gun. If you're preparing for a fight, why would you choose to be armed with a less effective weapon than your enemy?
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Why would I submit to a BG check for a Taser when I don't even have to submit to a BG check to buy a gun?

I see some major faults (only 2 shots, only 15' range), but it's better than pepper spray.

I might buy one for my possible new guard job (if the company let me), because they roll armed with OC only, even tho they all have armed guard licenses... But that would be the only situation, and I'd rather have the 4-shot Taser with more range like LE uses.

I carry OC in my back pocket all the time... I'd probably use my gun first as a deterrent in most situations that required a deterrent and the magnitude of the threat is unknown (a car burglar for example), because it would require very little time to transition from deterrent to weapon, and in Texas, threat of deadly force is still just force. I'm not too sure an unholstered gun is even considered a threat of deadly force, unless it's actually pointed at someone. If I went for the OC first and the guy turned out to be armed, valuable seconds would be lost juggling stuff around. At least that's how I was taught.

I'm gonna feel kinda neekid on the guard job after being armed almost every day for 7 or 8 years, but I'm very excited over it and hope I get it... It's the first exciting thing that's happened to me in quite a while, if it does happen.

The prospect of having to get sprayed in OC class doesn't thrill me, though - Another reason I prefer carrying a gun to carrying OC. They don't require you to get shot during gun training - In fact, that's considered a bad thing
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 01-09-07 at 11:59 AM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Why would I submit to a BG check for a Taser when I don't even have to submit to a BG check to buy a gun?

I see some major faults (only 2 shots, only 15' range), but it's better than pepper spray.

I might buy one for my possible new guard job (if the company let me), because they roll armed with OC only, even tho they all have armed guard licenses... But that would be the only situation, and I'd rather have the 4-shot Taser with more range like LE uses.

I carry OC in my back pocket all the time... I'd probably use my gun first as a deterrent in most situations that required a deterrent and the magnitude of the threat is unknown (a car burglar for example), because it would require very little time to transition from deterrent to weapon, and in Texas, threat of deadly force is still just force. I'm not too sure an unholstered gun is even considered a threat of deadly force, unless it's actually pointed at someone. If I went for the OC first and the guy turned out to be armed, valuable seconds would be lost juggling stuff around. At least that's how I was taught.

I'm gonna feel kinda neekid on the guard job after being armed almost every day for 7 or 8 years, but I'm very excited over it and hope I get it... It's the first exciting thing that's happened to me in quite a while, if it does happen.

The prospect of having to get sprayed in OC class doesn't thrill me, though - Another reason I prefer carrying a gun to carrying OC. They don't require you to get shot during gun training - In fact, that's considered a bad thing

What is this two shot, four shot stuff you keep talking about? I have to reload a new cartridge each time I fire probes. The ONLY difference between the x26 and the x26c (civi) is the number of pulses per second being slightly lower, and the fact that the cartridges are 15 ft as opposed to the LE 21 ft.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

PersiusOne is offline Patrol Monkey
    I like that TASER is having the background checks performed - but I can tell you that the first mo-fo who points a taser at me is getting shot.
    The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency, Police Chief, or any other member or employee of my department or municipality.

Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    What is this two shot, four shot stuff you keep talking about? I have to reload a new cartridge each time I fire probes. The ONLY difference between the x26 and the x26c (civi) is the number of pulses per second being slightly lower, and the fact that the cartridges are 15 ft as opposed to the LE 21 ft.
    Apparently I was reading somewhere about the number of spare cartridges that came with it, I guess

Or is there a difference in the number of times they can be re-zapped, maybe?
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 01-09-07 at 04:47 PM.

(\__/)

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    30 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by BEK320 View Post
    30 seconds...
    I'd rather get Tased by a cop Taser (5 second ride) than a civilian Taser (30 second ride) any time. Just ask anyone who has taken the full 5 second ride.

Last edited by Piggybank Cop; 01-09-07 at 05:47 PM. Reason: can't tpye worth a shti
    between you

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sgkelly View Post
    I'd rather get Tased by a cop Taser (5 second ride) than a civilian Taser (30 second ride) any time. Just ask anyone who has taken the full 5 second ride.

Yeah I agree I have taken the full 5 second ride. And that five seconds was enough. I can't fathim what a 30second right would feel like.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

It's sounding better & better, like my golfball on a stick

(\__/)

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Love the golfball on a stick!

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001 View Post
    Yeah I agree I have taken the full 5 second ride. And that five seconds was enough. I can't fathim what a 30second right would feel like.
    Betcha it feels like:

Getin shot at and missed and shit at and hit.

between you

HardNoseBull is offline HardNoseBull
    I guess I'm old school, I think a good ass kicking always beats a taser or the other option, 2 to the chest and 1 to the head!
    Giggity giggity Goo!

Glen Quagmire,Family Guy, Pick any Episode

Thread Information