Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DirtRoadDeputy is offline La-Z-Boy Test Pilot

Air Force SSGT in trouble for Playboy spread.

Sergeant in trouble for Playboy photos
    Air Force blasts her steamy pictorial as ‘not representative’ of service

Eric Gay / AP
    U.S. Air Force Staff Sgt. Michelle Manhart poses Thursday with the February issue of Playboy magazine in San Antonio. Manhart has been relieved of her duties pending an investigation.

SAN ANTONIO - "Drop and give me 20!" is something you might hear Air Force Staff Sgt. Michelle Manhart yell to airmen trainees at Lackland Air Force Base. Drop her trousers is what Manhart did for Playboy magazine, and now it's landed her in trouble with the military.

"Of what I did, nothing is wrong so I didn't anticipate anything, of course," Manhart said Thursday of the pictorial. "I didn't do anything wrong so I didn't think it would be a major issue."

In a six-page spread in February's issue, hitting newsstands this week, Manhart is photographed in uniform yelling and holding weapons under the headline "Tough Love." The following pages show her partially clothed wearing her dog tags while working out, as well as completely nude.

Manhart, 30, who is married with two children, has been relieved of her duties pending an investigation, according to Lackland AFB spokesman Oscar Balladares.

"This staff sergeant's alleged action does not meet the high standards we expect of our airmen, nor does it comply with the Air Force's core values of integrity, service before self, and excellence in all we do. It is not representative of the many thousands of outstanding airmen who serve in the U.S. Air Force today," Balladares said, reading a statement.

Experienced model
    Manhart has modeled since she was younger and joined the Air Force in 1994, spending time in Kuwait in 2002. The California native said she hopes the Playboy photo shoot will pave a way into an acting or modeling career.

The pictorial's accompanying article mentioned the possibility of trouble for the brunette drill instructor. But when asked in the article whether it might get her in "hot water with Uncle Sam," Manhart replied: "I've been serving for 13 years, fighting for everyone's rights. Why wouldn't I be able to stand up for my own rights and participate in the freedoms that make this country what it is?"

Manhart said she didn't see the magazine as an escape from the military. She also said she is completely committed to her job.

"I've proven myself. ... They picked me to train our future airmen of the world," she said. "They picked me to train these individuals so if they elect to say I don't have (integrity), then that's their opinion."

This has happened before
    Playboy magazine spokeswoman Theresa Hennessey said two active-duty women have posed nude in Playboy in the past. Both were in the Navy, she said.

One, Sherry Lynne White, was discharged in July 2000 after posing nude for the magazine. She had been scheduled to be released from duty that October.

Another, Frederica Spilman, received an honorable discharge, which she had sought before posing, and a letter expressing the Navy's dismay less than a week after the June 1998 issue hit newsstands.

Spilman appeared in the magazine wearing opened flight jackets, camouflage lingerie and dog tags. The six-page pictorial, under the heading "Fly Girl," also included pictures of Spilman in her Navy uniform and flight suit.

Hennessey added that seven women also were featured in a "Women of the Armed Forces" spread in April 1980.

Manhart said the shoot came about after she went on a casting call and kept getting called back for test shots. The February pictorial was shot last spring, she said.

"The Air Force says go do something amazing, and I think I pretty much did it," she said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16585140/

I wish the AF had TI's like this when I went though basic training.
    Speeder: Why don't you give me a warning instead of a ticket.
    DirtRoadDeputy: Your RADAR detector was your warning!

Cheech Guest
    Needing more pics

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Needing more pics
    These are not nude but I wouldn't look at them at work.
    http://2084615424.slide.com/p/5/Play...otos?view=True

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    If I wanted to see a naked soldier I'd enlist and buy a mirror.

Meh, just another wanna be actress taking off her clothes for money. Where's the news?

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by BugEyedBeast View Post

Meh, just another wanna be actress taking off her clothes for money.
    And that's a bad thing how?
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    I'm all for (most) women taking off their clothes, but not when they start out in someone else's uniform. Be it the Air Force uniform, the Home Depot apron, or the Wal-Mart smock. Take your clothes off if you want, but don't go using your former employer's name and reputation to get people to look.

osugirlP103 is offline Officer First Class
    I think thats awesome what she did. If I had the chance I would do the same
    LAW ENFORCEMENT HELPING"PERPS" SLIP DOWN STAIRS SINCE 1766!

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtRoadDeputy View Post
    These are not nude but I wouldn't look at them at work.
    http://2084615424.slide.com/p/5/Play...otos?view=True
    Not bad, not bad at all. Is that her in the lacy lingerie?
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    The same thing happened over here a couple of years ago a female army PTI lance corporal posed for a newspaper topless in an attempt to start a modeling career, once the novelty wore off she was thrown out the army and the modeling work dried up. I think she works for the post office now.

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    tig ol bitties
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    Not bad, not bad at all. Is that her in the lacy lingerie?
    Yes.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by stokerress View Post
    Im with osugirl..If ya look good show it, Be proud.
    I'm not sure if she was in her actual Air Force uniform during the shoot, but if she WAS, then I think you're both out of your gourds. Not about doing the shoot, but to do it in the uniform of your country is tactless and disgraceful, and to gawk about being discharged is pure "Me Generation" horseshit. Let's not even talk about the regulations being broken by appearing in an improper uniform (). Let's just focus on the fact that the uniform worn by today's military is forged and dyed by the blood and sweat of those that have come before us, and that the very appearance of a military uniform is sacred to many, including me, and is something to be held reverently. Not tossed aside in some cheap studio shoot.

No one says you can't take off your clothes for money, but this EASILY falls under "Conduct Unbecoming". Lose the bitch, let her take off her own clothes for money.

If she was not in any sort of official uniform, just generic camo type stuff, then I have less of a problem.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    I'm not sure if she was in her actual Air Force uniform during the shoot, but if she WAS, then I think you're both out of your gourds. Not about doing the shoot, but to do it in the uniform of your country is tactless and disgraceful, and to gawk about being discharged is pure "Me Generation" horseshit. Let's not even talk about the regulations being broken by appearing in an improper uniform (). Let's just focus on the fact that the uniform worn by today's military is forged and dyed by the blood and sweat of those that have come before us, and that the very appearance of a military uniform is sacred to many, including me, and is something to be held reverently. Not tossed aside in some cheap studio shoot.

No one says you can't take off your clothes for money, but this EASILY falls under "Conduct Unbecoming". Lose the bitch, let her take off her own clothes for money.

If she was not in any sort of official uniform, just generic camo type stuff, then I have less of a problem.

Yup.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    It's behavior unbecoming of an officer, and a violation of the Code of Conduct.

She should be busted down to the lowest rank, and have her stripes publicly ripped off her shoulders.

Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Al Lowe is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    It's behavior unbecoming of an officer, and a violation of the Code of Conduct.

She should be busted down to the lowest rank, and have her stripes publicly ripped off her shoulders.

Except she's not an officer. But it's still conduct unbecoming. I have to wonder is she's trying to get out of the Air Force. Maybe they should bust her down and extend her enlistment term. It is wartime after all.
    Al Lowe
    Michael Moore is a big, fat, stupid white guy.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe View Post
    Except she's not an officer. But it's still conduct unbecoming. I have to wonder is she's trying to get out of the Air Force. Maybe they should bust her down and extend her enlistment term. It is wartime after all.
    Isn't SSGT an NCO?

Not only busted down to the lowest level, but sent to the shittiest posting they can think off...I think they have an Air Force posting in the Aleutians.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Al Lowe is offline Rookie
    Isn't SSGT an NCO?

Not only busted down to the lowest level, but sent to the shittiest posting they can think off...I think they have an Air Force posting in the Aleutians.
    Yup, SSgt is an NCO, but I don't believe they call the violation in this case, "conduct unbecoming an officer." Then again, I've not been in the military for almost 29 years, so who knows!

I think the Aleutians would be a great place.
    Al Lowe
    Michael Moore is a big, fat, stupid white guy.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post

\\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Isn't SSGT an NCO?

I vote she should be posted to me.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information