Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Dekalb County Police Officer arrested for trying to bribe a fellow officer

Zachary Kronenberger quietly hung his head during his first court appearance Friday. The four-year veteran is charged with trying to bribe one of his colleagues on the force.
    According to department officials, on Jan. 5, Kronenberger offered another officer $500 cash to drop four traffic tickets against another man -- Mohammed Al-Margri. Kronenberger's relationship to Al-Margri is unclear. The other officer's name was not released.
    Kronenberger officially is charged with violating his oath and trying to influence another officer. Both charges are felonies. Friday night, Magistrate Judge Vincent Crawford bound the case over to Superior Court. Kronenberger was ordered held on $4,000 bond.
    DeKalb police spokesman Sgt. Charles Dedrick said his department was moving quickly on the case.
    "After speaking with Chief Graham, he stated that this will not be tolerated and that this investigation will be expedited," Dedrick said.
    The department has suspended Kronenberger pending the outcome of the investigation.

Jay7376 is offline Master Officer
    If a fellow officer came to me with that offer I will tell him to F off and forget that the conversation ever took place.

I wonder if there is more to this story than what the media is reporting. (but that couldn't be the case, the media is always right)
    I'm a PUBLIC SERVANT, so I'm not permitted to use my own judgement in any way.

Thread Information