Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

Angry Beyond Stupid!!!!

Ok, does anyone know the definition of "homeless" if so can someone please explain to this moron how much a homeless person is worth? If a homeless person is worth million dollars, why did i bust my ass getting and keeping a job!!!!WTF!!!!!

Homeless being sued for a million dollars? Madison Ave. merchant says homeless are ruining business at his store
    By Lisa Colagrossi
    (Upper East Side-WABC, January 18, 2007) - The owner of a Manhattan antiques shop is suing the homeless for a million dollars. He says they are ruining business at his store on Madison Avenue.

Eyewitness News reporter Lisa Colagrossi has the details.
    According to the merchant, the heating dock in front of his store is where the homeless usually congregate.

The merchant told Eyewitness News that he's filing the lawsuit against the homeless because he's at his wits end.

He's complained to police and the merchant's association but to no avail.

The suit asks for a 100 foot restraining order to keep homeless away from his store.

The Homeless Advocates Association say the suit is mean-spirited and quite frankly, unheard of, going after the homeless.

The merchant says the homeless normally urinate on the sidewalk, drink alcohol and harass potential customers. He says in the past two years he has lost business.
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Where there's stupidity there's often a lawyer and a stacks of books filled with stupid laws to back it up.

The dealer, Karl Kemp, who owns Karl Kemp & Associates at 833 Madison Avenue near 69th Street, says he has put up with the group, in particular one bearded homeless man and his “island” of filthy belongings, for more than two years and hopes the suit will compel the city to have them removed from the area.

Besides seeking $1 million in damages — the dealer’s lawyer said he put in a figure for legal reasons — the suit also asks for a restraining order requiring them to stay at least 100 feet from the store.

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    I doubt he expects to get any money from bums. He probably realizes he'll spend more in attorney's fees than he could possibly get back from the suit. But if it's successful in keeping the bums from shitting on his property and accosting his customers, it will probably be worth it.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    im gonna get flamed by the liberal hippie middle-upper middle class tucked away in their suburban bubble neighborhood types, but here i go...

i love these homeless advocates that say the business owner is wrong for not wanting these people on his property scaring his customers and urinating on his merchandise.

until you actually have to deal with the homeless rather than just serve them soup once a year on thanksgiving, and you actually get a first hand look at the damage and destruction they cause to a neighborhood...until you exit your apartment and have to step over their bodies in the hall, or confront them in the common laundry room area often times secluded in the basement of your complex...until they break into your shed or even worse, your house, looking for shelter or items to steal...until you find them setting up tents and homeless camps in a 20x20 foot shrub covered area just a stones throw away from your back yard where your children play...until you get a clue

shut the fuck up
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    you actually get a first hand look at the damage and destruction they cause to a neighborhood...until you exit your apartment and have to step over their bodies in the hall, or confront them in the common laundry room area often times secluded in the basement of your complex...until they break into your shed or even worse, your house, looking for shelter or items to steal...until you find them setting up tents and homeless camps in a 20x20 foot shrub covered area just a stones throw away from your back yard where your children play...until you get a clue

shut the fuck up

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

sgtpelon is offline Officer First Class

You have obviously been there

until you actually have to deal with the homeless rather than just serve them soup once a year on thanksgiving, and you actually get a first hand look at the damage and destruction they cause to a neighborhood...

Oh yeah, I wish one of those jackoffs would come down from Beverly Hills and walk a footbeat in Central Division and have to walk down the alleys that 100's of bums have shit and pissed in and it is so bad you have to put your arm over your nose to keep from gagging. Or the fact that anything (and I mean anything) that is left unguarded is immediately stolen. Window smashes, bums coming up to women and 6 inches from their face telling them give me a buck. Anyone who works any length of time in a skid row can tell you 99% of them aren't vice presidents who lost their jobs during a recent downsizing. They are dope fiends and alcoholics. Oh well, enough of my rant.

Thread Information