Welcome to the APBWeb.
    RIMAMARIA is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Public Awareness Program Cops

Good morning
    Here is the requested information about the campaigns, which I am supporting, I am flying a Blue Ribbon 24/7, as I believe the support should not be just during the holidays. I am also flying a BLACK RIBBON for my DAD, who passed away 3 weeks ago, he will live in my heart always.

Thanks for the warm welcome to this forum, I am looking forward to be an active member

RIMA

Public Awareness Programs
    Direct Mail Awareness Campaign
    Through national mailings, COPS is making citizens across the country aware of the danger inherent to the law enforcement profession, the effects losing a loved one in the line of duty can have on the surviving family, and the programs that COPS has available for surviving families of line-of-duty death.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project Blue Light

Concerns of Police Survivors, Inc. (COPS), a national grief support organization comprised of over 15,000 surviving families of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty, is asking concerned citizens and law enforcement agencies nationwide to again support Project Blue Light.

During the holiday season you are asked to put blue lights in your holiday decorations and your windows and tie blue ribbons on car antennas to show support for law enforcement officers who have given their lives in the line of duty for the citizens they have served. Additionally, this will be a show of support for those who continue to work the streets 24 hours a day, every day of the year.

Several years ago, Mrs. Dolly Craig, the surviving mother-in-law of Daniel Gleason, a Philadelphia (PA) police officer killed in the line of duty in 1986, sent her Christmas message to the COPS National office. Her daughter Pam, the surviving widow of Officer Gleason, had been killed in a car accident in August, 1989, before the holiday season. Dolly wrote, “This holiday I’m putting two blue lights in my living room window. One is for Dan and the other is for Pam, who believed so much in the COPS organization.”

Dolly Craig is now deceased as well, but her idea of Project Blue Light burns bright in the hearts of the families in the COPS organization.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fly the Blue" Blue Ribbon CampaignDuring National Police Week, COPS encourages the display of blue ribbons on car antennas. COPS distributes over 1,000,000 blue ribbons prior to National Police Week to law enforcement agencies to display on cruiser antennas.

Law enforcement personnel are encouraged to tie blue ribbons to cruiser antennas. Citizens are encouraged to tie blue ribbons to their car antennas. These blue ribbons are a reminder of law enforcement personnel who have made the ultimate sacrifice and in honor of those men and women who serve their communities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year in and year out.

Any strip of royal blue ribbon will work. If you are a member of the law enforcement community, you may fax a request to be added to the Blue Ribbon mailing list. Include your agency, contact name, mailing address, and quantity of ribbons requested. Fax requests ONLY will be accepted, with a minimum of 25 ribbons and a maximum of 500 per request. Fax your request to 573-346-1414.
    Anger is like a glowing coal
    hold on to it
    you will get burnt.

unknown author
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roses is offline Member
    Worhty causes!

My condolences and prayers for you while you heal from the loss of your father.
    http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/1369/rosekdrosetransp9fk2eb.gif

A Smile

A smile cost nothing, but gives so much.

It enriches those who receive it,
    without making poorer those who give.
    It takes but a moment, but the memory
    of it sometimes lasts forever.

None is so rich or mighty that he
    can get along without it,
    and none is so poor but that
    he can be made rich by it.

A smile creates happiness in the home,
    fosters goodwill in business,
    and is the countersign of friendship.

It brings rest to the weary,
    cheer to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad,
    and it is nature's best antidote for trouble.

Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed,
    or stolen, for it is something that is of no
    value to anyone until it is given away.

Some people are too tired to give you a smile.
    Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile
    so much as he who has no more to give.

- author unknown

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    A list of web sites would be nice.

Please and thank you.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMAMARIA View Post
    I am flying a Blue Ribbon 24/7, as I believe the support should not be just during the holidays.
    I agree. I usually fly it during the whole month of May and just now started during the month of December. I had forgotten to take it off so it's still on. I think I'll leave it on from now on.

Thanks for the info.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Thread Information