• Not a Drop

0 0%
  • I dont care I ride a bike and live at home with my mommy

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by kdm0409
    hell I was fine and was drinking away and not showing any signs and I was .10..
    OK by not showing any signs...do you mean as in how you were feeling or by the way you did your SFST?

And you brought up a good point. People who drink alot can "function" and appear "normal" at .08%. But they will still show signs of impairment. HGN will be their undoing.

kdm0409 is offline ^ Female Deputy
    Quote Originally Posted by Darin
    OK by not showing any signs...do you mean as in how you were feeling or by the way you did your SFST?

And you brought up a good point. People who drink alot can "function" and appear "normal" at .08%. But they will still show signs of impairment. HGN will be their undoing.

I didn't make myself clear...oops...I wasn't showing signs as to the way I was acting or the way I did the FST's, but as you noted the HGN, well let's just say I was screwed on that one...during this class, they first had to give me the FST's and determine my ability, then they could do the HGN, all their answers changed after the HGN...but they were all still suprised at my level because of my size..
    It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.
    ______________________________ __________
    An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.
    In vino veritas!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by kdm0409
    I didn't make myself clear...oops...I wasn't showing signs as to the way I was acting or the way I did the FST's, but as you noted the HGN, well let's just say I was screwed on that one...during this class, they first had to give me the FST's and determine my ability, then they could do the HGN, all their answers changed after the HGN...but they were all still suprised at my level because of my size..
    HGN is great....I wished my jurisdiction would actually recognize HGN as a valid court approved test. I can't testify to the HGN but I can use it as PC for the arrest.

Before I learned the HGN I probably let a few DUI's go. By let go I mean not arrest and also NOT letting them drive away. I've had a few that I knew in my gut were at least .08 but their field tests were borderline. They refused the PBT. I thought about hooking them up but I wouldn't be able to articulate their level of impairment in court.

Verified LEO
    And hardcore drunks will practice field tests. At an .08 they could do pretty good on field tests. Up until the HGN

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Bad thing is HGN is not admissable in my courts.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

kdm0409 is offline ^ Female Deputy
    Quote Originally Posted by Darin
    HGN is great....I wished my jurisdiction would actually recognize HGN as a valid court approved test. I can't testify to the HGN but I can use it as PC for the arrest.

Before I learned the HGN I probably let a few DUI's go. By let go I mean not arrest and also NOT letting them drive away. I've had a few that I knew in my gut were at least .08 but their field tests were borderline. They refused the PBT. I thought about hooking them up but I wouldn't be able to articulate their level of impairment in court.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't know many places that it will hold up...it doesn't here either, but I love the test...works everytime... and I have learned to be a good bullshitter..I mean I have learned the correct way to articulate things lol
    It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.
    An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.
    In vino veritas!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information