Welcome to the APBWeb.
    slick628 is offline Rollin' Deep
    Verified LEO

Life in Prison for Road Rage

http://www.9news.com/news/local/arti...?storyid=63729

This guy was found guilty for 1st degree murder for a road rage incident and sentenced to life in prision.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    If he slammed on brakes intending to cause an accident, and that accident got two other people killed, then yeah, he deserves to be wearing pink underware and living in tent city for the rest of his natural born days.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    CENTENNIAL – A man was found guilty of two counts of first-degree murder on Thursday in an accident prosecutors say was caused by road rage.

Arapahoe County prosecutors said Jason Reynolds deliberately caused a double-fatal accident on E-470 near Parker Road in November 2005.

Both sides gave their closing arguments on Wednesday and the jury came back with guilty verdicts just after 2:30 p.m. on Thursday.

Prosecutors say Reynolds pulled in front of Kelvin Norman and then slammed on his brakes. Norman lost control, flipped and landed on top of Gregg Boss’s vehicle.

Both Boss and Norman were killed.

The jury agreed with the prosecution - finding Reynolds guilty of first-degree murder charges for the deaths of both Norman and Boss. He was also convicted of two counts of vehicular homicide and two counts of careless driving resulting in death.

“On November 8, 2005, Jason Reynolds told police what the victims deserved. Today in a court of law, the jury told Jason Reynolds what he so richly deserved,” said Daniel Plattner with the Arapahoe County District Attorney’s Office.

“I was grateful for the justice, but it doesn’t bring Gregg back,” said Mary LaFrance, Boss’s girlfriend. “And we still have to live without him for the rest of our lives.”

“I'm glad justice was served so he won't hurt someone else's son, because I miss mine,” said Judy Boss, Boss’s mother.

The families of the victims say the trial has been tough to go through.

“The last few days have been like November 8, 2005, when I was standing on the highway waiting to find out about my husband and I don’t think anyone wants to be in those shoes,” said Jeanne Norman, Norman’s widow.

Norman was on his way from the airport to his 15-year-old daughter’s birthday party.

The defense had claimed Norman actually lost control while trying to pass Reynolds, and said Norman caused the crash.

Because of the guilty verdict for the first-degree murder charges, Reynolds now faces life in prison without the possibility of parole. He will be sentenced April 16.

Reynolds was the subject of three aggressive driving complaints before he caused the accident that killed Norman and Boss.

The Colorado State Patrol had sent Reynolds warning letters six weeks before the crash.

Legal analysts say the case sets a new precedent when it comes crimes connected to road rage.

“This may be the first first-degree murder conviction for a road rage type case when the primary collision did not even involve the driver who was ultimately convicted,” said 9NEWS Legal Analyst Scott Robinson. “Any road rage death in the future that results in the death of an innocent person can be brought as a first-degree murder case, so long as the facts support it.”

According to AAA, there are 1,200 documented road rage incidents each year in the U.S. That number has gone up 7 percent a year since 1990.

More than 300 road rage cases end with serious injury or death every year.

Motorists can report aggressive driving by dialing *CSP (277) on their cell phones. It is a toll free call. Be prepared to provide as much information as possible about the aggressive vehicle, such as the license plate, color and model, as well as the direction it is going.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Reynolds was the subject of three aggressive driving complaints before he caused the accident that killed Norman and Boss.
    Intent satisfied for me on this one. Yet another thing I don't get - why people think a 20oz Glock is a weapon, but a 3800lb vehicle is a toy. But that's people, and I don't even want to try to get how they think.

I suspect most don't.

Thread Information