Welcome to the APBWeb.
    BEB
    BEB is offline Banned

Papillion Police Arrest Fat

No, they're not arresting people at McDonalds...

http://www.ketv.com/health/10892957/detail.html

Papillion Police Arrest Fat

Fit Crimefighters Better Ready To Protect, Serve

POSTED: 8:55 pm CST January 31, 2007
    UPDATED: 1:52 pm CST February 1, 2007

PAPILLION, Neb. -- Some women think a man in uniform is striking. But in Papillion, it's what's under the police uniform that's getting some attention.

Seven members of the Papillion Police Department are a little stronger and a little more wealthy than they were a year ago. The entered a national fitness contest and won.

In a surprise award ceremony Wednesday morning, the cops learned that they will share $40,000 for winning the "Body for Life" challenge.

Papillion police team leader, Officer Nick Boswell, was called to Papillion City Hall Wednesday for a "special assignment." Instead, he was greeted with cameras, a plaque and a check.

"It's been an amazing journey. As you can see from the photos, we've had a pretty good transformation. Obviously I wasn't expecting this today. This is quite a surprise," Boswell said.

Before-and-after pictures show the stunning results. They lost a total of 107 pounds of fat and gained 42 pounds of muscle. The group made a DVD set to music to enter the challenge.

The cops spent 12 weeks focusing on weightlifting, cardio-work and eating right.

The officers and detectives range in age from mid-20s to mid-40s. They competed against teams across the country.

The group includes Officer Patrick Nastase, Investigator Keven Checksfield, Officer Nick Boswell, Lt. Chris Whitted, Detective Kevin Covi, Sgt. Jeff Peyton, and Officer Chris Goley.

Emily is offline Corporal
    And that, my friends, is why I love living in Papillion.

I told one of those officers about LEF a while ago... not sure if he joined or not.

Thread Information