Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Bearcat06 Guest

2 Believed Killed In Maryville Missouri House Blast

This is where I live. My parents house rocked.....and the explosion was loud enough that their dog wanted to get her happy ass back in the house pretty quick......and they live 15 blocks away.
    I went over and assisted with traffic control some.....but not much more one could do. 2 were killed. A Mother in her 90s and her son in his 40s........The other son walked away and was flown by helicopter for treatment

2 Believed Killed In Maryville House Blast
    Cause Of Explosion Under Investigation

MARYVILLE, Mo. -- Two people are believed dead after a house explosion Wednesday night that was so strong it was felt at nearby Northwest Missouri State University's Bearcat Arena while the men's basketball team was playing Missouri Western.

Keith Wood, Maryville's public safety director, said three people -- a woman in her 90s, a son in his late 40s and another son in his mid-50s -- were inside when the blast was reported around 9 p.m.

Neighbors found the younger son crawling out of the debris. He was transported to St. Francis Hospital in Maryville and later transferred to Heartland Regional Medical Center in St. Joseph.

Woods described his injuries as "very serious," and said he was "in and out of consciousness."

Wood said it is believed all three occupants of the house were in the same room at the time of the blast. He said rescue workers could see the body of one person -- most likely the woman -- and they believed they would find the man nearby.

Names of the victims were not immediately released.

The house, which is in an older neighborhood a few blocks south of the campus, was leveled. Wood said he did not know what caused the explosion, though he suggested it might have been the result of a natural gas leak.

"We do not suspect anything criminally suspicious at this time," Wood said.

He said the state fire marshal would assist in the investigation.

The explosion was heard and felt throughout Maryville.

"I felt it shake. It rattled for a second or two," said Chad Waller, sports information director for Northwest Missouri State. "I thought it was almost a tremor, like an earthquake tremor."

A few minutes later, Waller said he smelled smoke. Then, he said someone got on the public address system during the game and said there was a fire at a nearby house and a couple streets were blocked off.

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/...47/detail.html

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Gas leak?

Signal_W Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    Gas leak?
    Yea I was gonna ask the same question.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Guess it depends on what kind of area it is. Although I've never heard of a meth lab making THAT big of a boom.

Bearcat06 Guest
    Looks to be a Natural Gas leak......

I have a friend that lives 3 miles outside of town.....on a hill over looking the city....and he saw/heard it last night.....

Said the fireball looked like it was a small yield Nuc Strike.......

Thread Information