Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

NYPD Officer beaten with baseball bat by suspect

An NYPD officer was allegedly beaten into a concussion by a suspect armed with a baseball bat this morning in the Corona section of Queens. Eyewitness News is told the uniformed officer, assigned to an impact post, was attacked while on foot patrol at 102nd Street and 39th Avenue just before 1:30 a.m.

He sustained a concussion, and was rushed to Elmhurst Hospital. Offiicials say the officer sustained head injuries and needed stitches. He was listed in serious but stable condition.

Police say 21-year-old Danny Fernandez, of Queens, was caught during a foot pursuit following the attack.

Authorities say Fernandez was armed with a bat when he attacked the officer, beating him over the head and swiping his service weapon.

Apparently, a second police officer saw the commotion from a distance, but was unaware it was a fellow officer who had been attacked.

That officer chased the bat-wielding Fernandez, capturing him and recovering the gun before making the arrest.

Fernandez taken to the 115th Precinct for questioning. Charges against him were pending.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    What's an "impact post"?

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by BugEyedBeast View Post
    What's an "impact post"?
    I would assume it's a certain section of the city where the police are trying to make an "impact." So they're "posted" in strategic locations. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's such a shame what happened to that Officer. I hope he makes a full recovery and that piece of trash that did it gets what he deserves.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Thread Information