Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.

Lawmaker Reads Crude Web Posts at School

The Associated Press
    Updated: 10:19 a.m. ET Feb 9, 2007

WRENTHAM, Mass. - A state senator used foul language in a talk to high school students in his district, but defended himself by saying he was just repeating what some students wrote about him on a Web site.

Sen. Scott Brown was discussing his stance on gay marriage during an assembly at King Philip Regional High School on Thursday when he decided to share the comments written about him and his family posted on a facebook.com page dedicated to a pro-gay rights history teacher at the school.

Brown, a Republican from Wrentham, opposes gay marriage.

"I hate scott brown" and "scott brown ascends from the underworld," were two of the tamer comments on the site. Others contained profanities.

Some of the comments were aimed at Brown's daughter, Ayla Brown, a former American Idol finalist.

He read the comments verbatim, even naming the students who wrote them in some cases, witnesses said.

"He was doing it loudly and pretty angrily," student Rachel William told WHDH-TV. "Some of the teachers tried to stop him, and said things like 'You shouldn't be naming students.'"

Student Stephen Small said "Some teachers immediately were outraged to hear the language that was used ... some people still feel it was inappropriate to read them word for word."

Brown defended himself.

"What I was doing was reading from what they had written about me and about my family," Brown said. "I actually called them on it. I said 'Now there's hate speech and then there's respectful proper speech."

The mother of the student who created the site told the station that she thought Brown acted inappropriately.

The school's administration declined to comment.

Of course itís not the fault of the little darlings that posted this on a web site with their names attached; they canít help being stupid, thatís their parents fault Ė itís in the genes.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Don't write it if you don't want it read.

Not sure what Brown thought he was accomplishing though. People are saying bad things about a politician they disagree with? Shocking!

Pretty thin skin there.

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    They don't think he should be naming them? The little bastards shouldn't be spouting off if they don't have the balls to stand behind their opinions.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by BugEyedBeast View Post
    Don't write it if you don't want it read.

Not sure what Brown thought he was accomplishing though. People are saying bad things about a politician they disagree with? Shocking!

Pretty thin skin there.
    Good point.

Anybody that runs for or holds a position such as that needs to realize that they're going to be bad mouthed no matter what. That's just the way it is...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

ďA pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.Ē
    -Winston Churchill

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-42Adam View Post
    Good point.

Anybody that runs for or holds a position such as that needs to realize that they're going to be bad mouthed no matter what. That's just the way it is...
    Kind of like being a cop or First Sergeant.

However, if you shoot your mouth off at me as a 1SG I just may rip your head off and shit in your neck.

Too many people now-a-days think they can say anything about anyone and get away with it.

They can't with me.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Thread Information